SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanne_erra

Need help - Window Treatments for Sliding Glass Doors

Jeanne Erra
4 years ago

Hi - I have two large sliding glass doors (11' tall and almost 10' wide) that meet in the corner in my family room (with a small column in the middle), and one large sliding glass door (same size) in my living room. The floor plan is open but the rooms are separated by the kitchen area and nook. We are looking at Luminettes by HD for the 2 doors that meet with no drapery and potentially drapery panels on either side of the living room sliding door. Is it ok to mix like that? Luminettes would install inside the door frames, so we aren't going to do drapery panels as well in the family room. If I do just luminettes, will that look finished? I kinda wanted to do drapery panels, but need to do something more for the back wall slider as it brings a lot of sun and heat into the room. Here is the pic of the family room sliders.

Here is the living room below. Could I do drapery panels in this room if I'm not doing them in the family room? The family room is to the right as you are facing the living room sliding doors.

In this next pic you can see the family room with the L sliders that meet in the corner.

Appreciate any suggestions and feedback! Thanks.

Comments (3)