SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnfever

laundry room storage, before and after

mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The house we bought last August conveyed with a Whirlpool FL and dryer set already mounted on pedestals (soooo happy to have them on the pedestals) but nothing much otherwise for the laundry. As part of some other minor remodeling over the winter, we now have awesome and efficient storage as well, and I thought the GW community might like some pictures--I know I always do!

There's only DH and I living here, oh wait don't forget the dog (almost 15), and we're all retired so not too hard on things.

Before, looking from the master bedroom. The far door goes into the garage, the wood door was just added and goes into the walk-in closet. The big vent down by the dryer in the wall is a return-air for the HVAC on the other side of the wall and could not be moved or blocked. (the blue tape is trying out cabinet locations)

Same photo location as above, looking from the master bedroom into the laundry. The baskets normally live the closet but there are a couple of loads going. The drawers have everything for feeding the dog. The "countertop" is really just a cover panel, since it won't get the kind of abuse that a kitchen countertop does.

There's now a fabulous 40" laundry sink, big enough to wash my 40lb Australian Cattle Dog and hopefully contain DH's cleanup messes. I put pull-out drawers in every cabinet so I could reach more stuff without getting out a step stool. There's a filter faucet for the dog water.

The liquid detergent, bleach, softener, etc did not fit into the pedestals and I didn't like the idea of bending over so much anyway. Previously, everything just sat on top of the dryer. The same bottles are too tall for the 10" drawer, but I just left room so I can open both doors and pull out the drawer to easily access everything.

The big tall cabinet to the right in the first picture is a 30" wide x 90" tall cabinet with a pull-out cleaning supplies rack. There's a quad outlet in the back that charges the battery for the Shark and also powers the in-cabinet and on-top-of cabinet lighting. We have the corded Lindhaus vac for the carpeted master bedroom, and the rechargeable Shark for everything else. (LOVE the Shark BTW!)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations