SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanya_esser_velting

Husband had emotional affair

My name is Tanya and I am struggling with my husband having an emotional affair.

You may or may not be able to help me with this. But I am at my end and not sure how to get past this.

First you need to know the back story before you can help me with this.

I was with a man 15 years ago that had a daughter. When we split I continued to see her and help her mom take care of her.

Me and my husband today has been best friends since age of 13. No matter where or what was happening in our lives he was always there for me. We decided to take our relationship to the next level in 2007. ended up with 2 amazing children out of it and got married in 2010. Our marriage has been great ever since no problems at all except normal every day little issues that we worked through quickly.

In 2014 the daughter I mentioned earlier was removed from her mothers care and put into mine and my husbands. We have always considered her part of our family and treated her as our own.

The end of 2018 her mother was able to get custody back but still needed some help.

We had continued to help and support the daughter.

I found out that my husband was not just going to see the daughter but spending more and more time with the mother. I didn't mind so much due to she needed a friend and some extra support some one to talk to.

This has been going on for about 6 months.

I found out recently from the daughter that there was a little more to it. She started texting my husband that she was in love with him and that she wished he was with her and not me. He never dissuaded her on this and made sure that she understood where there relationship stood. He continued to see her daily and it became later and later that he would come home at night.

The daughter recently sent me screen shots of text messages that were being sent between her mother and my husband. He was telling her that he loved her and that he couldn't wait to see her.

When I asked him about it he said that the words mean nothing that he was just trying to help and make her happy. He says that it never went beyond that and that I shouldn't be hurt because he never sexually touched her and words meant nothing. That I am the one he wants and would never leave me or the kids for some one else.

I explained to him why it hurts so bad. He pretty much took his heart which I considered fully mine for the past 20 years and handed it to her. He says that he understands and that he wont be friends with her any more. As far as I can tell he has not seen her since but he does still talk to her on the phone and tries to hide it from me.

I feel lost, betrayed and emotionally drained by the one person I could always count on. And I don't know how to get my faith in him back and I want to so badly.

Can you please help me or maybe send me in the right direction

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES