SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_661574374

I don’t know if my baby Jade plant is healthy.

k
5 years ago

Hello, I got a baby jade plant from Walmart two weeks ago. It wasn't doing so great at the Walmart plant section. When I got it the plant wasn't even in the soil it was flopping over the container it was in and was just leaning over the side of the pot instead of being IN the soil. I've never really taken care of succulents other then my snake plant who has been doing great. So I took a chance with the jade plant and bought it, there were four small cuttings in one small pot. The cuttings have small roots but they aren't very strong. I repotted the jade plant one week after getting it and left one in the original pot and moved the other three to a bigger pot. However, I don't really know if it's healthy or not. I've been watering it only when the soil is completely dry. I recently watered it today when I saw the leaves were wrinkly. The baby jade plants are droopy except one and their leaves are turning dark. Some have fallen off, at first I thought I had overwatered it and it had root rot and that's why it was so droopy so I checked the roots and they looked healthy. The color of the leaves worry me though since I don't know if it's normally or not. How would I go about making it look healthier? Does it look normal or is it supposed to be greener? BTW: i have placed it outside and it's now getting full sun. Also, I live in Florida. Should it be getting full sun or do I move it to a shadier location? I have included pictures.

Comments (11)