SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidturkey

Bonsai- don't know if it is a Dwarf Jade and all leaves fell off

davidturkey
14 years ago

Hello,

I am very new to this forum and also to bonsai caring. so please excuse me if I am in the wrong place and asking the wrong things...

I recently received a bonsai as a gift but I wasnt told the name, i researched a bit and think I might have come to a conclusion that its a dwarf jade. When I received it, it had many leaves and it looked healthy. after a couple of weeks, the leaves fell off just by touching them. (i also might have watered it a little too often). Many of the small branches also fell off, they shrivelled up (like they had no water in them-even though watered it every two days- dried and then fell off). the leaves that grow now are very thin, very pale and don't grow as big and thick as they used to, before they looked very succulent. It was inside before but I have moved it outside and gets a lot of sunlight now and I only water it when the soil looks dry. It only has about 4 leaves now and the rest of the branches have little green branch growths (round green ends). I live in Turkey, its just going into spring now, could this be why there are no leaves and the new ones are very fragile looking?

I dont know what I should do. I have pictures I can send so that you can understand what the plant looks like.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living