SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katheros99

help arranging furniture with a bay window seat?

katheros99
5 years ago
Hi, all!

I’m making my way through upgrading our builders basic house and am currently working on the living room. (I just finished painting yesterday) The room is used as our primary play zone for our two very young children. But I’m also hosting a small group here and this will be one of the rooms used, so I was wondering if there’s a better way to arrange the furniture.

Requirements:
1) my kids play in here most of the time, so while I will remove the “eyesore” kids toys (scooters, etc..) from the room during the get together, they will be back. Our house is a home, not a showroom. ;)
2) I can “shop” other rooms, but I won’t be buying more furniture. We move often, and buying something for a specific space isn’t something we spend money on.
3) we are avid DIYers. Pretty much everything in the room (and our house for that matter) involved some sort of work from us. Please be kind, the room isn’t done yet. And I know I still have some trim that needs work.

I hope you can help me arrange the furniture and get this room put back together before the company comes tomorrow night.

Comments (23)