SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uptoolate

Complete decision paralysis, help me pick a front door please!

uptoolate
5 years ago

Our front doors are in rough shape and need to be replaced but we just can't decide so please share your opinions on style color, etc. We currently have double doors which can fully open in the center nice for moving furniture in and out, but would also consider a wide center door with a single or 2 sidelites.

I'm drawn to black but it's kind of a shadowy space with the overhang. My husband loves traditional so his pick would be the wood craftsman. My style leans a little more modern/mid-century.

The roof was just redone so won't be changing that and I'm pretty fond of my dark grey house color (Iron by Cloverdale paint, trim is Behr Swiss Coffee) but open to suggestions on the exterior overall, we will likely also need to replace garage doors soon as well.

Photos of a few styles I like (and the wood craftsman for my husband which I could live with if it looks right). Having trouble envisioning and I have zero photoshop skills.

(love the color of this one and full glass, not the detail in the glass though)

(this would be my husbands choice, minus transom as no room)

And a possibility for garage door, not sure on colour, white could be overwhelming with a triple front

Comments (11)