SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_988685623

Sprained ankle, I think

lily12
5 years ago

In my whole life, I have never had a sprained anything. I'm quite active putting in about six miles a day on my Fitbit. I run on the treadmill every day but Saturday, walk the dog three miles in town on weekdays and on the weekend do four mile hikes with the dogs thru the woods on the AT. So tonight we went to a firehouse dinner given by the eye surgeon who did my cateracts last year. He has a turkey dinner for all his patients every year. My daughter thought it was hilarious ,but I said anything for a free meal. I wish I would have listened to her. After a very mediocre meal I got up from the folding chair and my ankle buckled underneath me. Husband grabbed me so I didn't fall. I kinda felt something give but I walked okay and then went to the gym and did the usual. Now it hurts and might be a little swollen. It's crazy all the times in a day I run up and down steep stairs in my house and I sprain my ankle getting off a chair? So what do you do for a sprain? Daughter said ice it which I did. Any suggestions from those of you who have experienced this. Did you see a doctor?..Thanks.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus