SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heidi_oertle

neighbor says my tree is blocking his view

HKO HKO
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Neighbor wants me to trim this tree so he can see view better. (Our living rooms are both on the second floor...built into hill.). I’m not sure what type of tree it is, but was planted ages ago by prior owner so it’s something smaller and ornamental. Attaching a current pic looking toward his house and one fully leafed (his house on right).

Now, I don’t really like this neighbor, who is very bossy and previously yelled at me for trimming bushes he thought (wrongly) were on his property, emailed me to ask that I not trim bushes up against my house because “he likes them,” and also argued with me when I declined to give him an easement to my side yard. so it’s a bit ironic he now wants me to trim. But I have to Live next to him, so if it’s good for the tree I might consider trimming a bit. Tree experts, can you give me advice—should/can I cut a minimal amount to avoid topping? I don’t think it will be possible to preserve his view and not really butcher the tree, so maybe I should cut nothing and ignore him.

I’m in Pacific Northwest.

Comments (41)