SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Say 'Hi' to Your RMG Neighbors!

Hello everyone,

Heres the list IÂve condensed from the "WhoÂs Here in 2007" thread! So now itÂs time to say hello to your RMG neighborsÂespecially those close to you. And keep an eye out to see if anybodyÂs saying "hi" to you!

IÂve also picked up a couple names off of other threads if I noticed a name I knew wasnÂt on the list yet. A couple of the names (with the question marks) IÂve noticed seemingly contradictory locations on separate posts. And the two on the bottom, if any location was posted, I missed it. If I got anything wrong, or anybody wants to change anything, or give more specific information, post it, and IÂll change it. This is all public information already anyway, so I hope nobodyÂs upset to have it condensed this way. I think itÂs fun to know whoÂs near youÂand very helpful to know where someone is when youÂre posting replies. (If anybody wants their name off the list for future postings, just let me know!) If youÂre not on the list and would like to be, post yourself on the WhoÂs Here thread, and IÂll pick it up from there.

I hope this reads ok for everybody! Since weÂre very limited with what we can do here with underlining, bold print, and spacing, it took a while to figure out how to make it come out as useable as possible. If we get many more additions to the WhoÂs Here thread, IÂll update the list later.

SoÂHi all you RMG neighbors! IÂm glad youÂre here!

Skybird

P.S. Hi vetivert8 (New Zealand)! WeÂll call you an honorary member!

----------------------------------------------------

DENVER METRO

amesteR--------------Highlands Ranch

cnetter---------------West of Arvada

conace55-------------Southeast Aurora or SE Centennial ??

Denverdidi------------Littleton

greenj1---------------Centennial

hummingbird---------Arvada

matoad---------------Arvada

oakiris---------------Westminster (across Sheridan from Arvada)

peace rose-----------DEN

sabotabby------------Five Points-ish

shadygarden co------Aurora

shaunab---------------NW Denver - Berkeley area

supermommy----------Broomfield

yago-------------------Lakewood

DENVER WEST (foothills)

primeribs-------------WAY UP in Jefferson County

redrockgarden--------West of hogback near Morrison

DENVER - SOUTH

animemom------------Parker

nrynes---------------Black Forest/Monument - or near Elizabeth ??

singcharlene---------Castle Rock

twhgardener---------Elizabeth

DENVER - NORTH

amserelda------------Livermore

diamonic--------------Ft. Collins

doug z5 co------------Lyons

jah742 foco co-------Ft. Collins

robinco---------------Northern Colorado

tajel------------------Wellington

DENVER - EAST

jalirancher-----------Eastern plains "Cedar Breaks" (I know what that means! LOL)

-----------------------(WhatÂs the closest recognizable town to you, Jali? Limon?)

milehi-----------------80 miles SE of Jali!

WESTERN SLOPE

belight 11-------------Glenwood Springs

david 52--------------SW Colorado

funky dutch----------Ignacio (near Durango)

helene111-------------Glenwood Springs

highalttransplant----Between Glenwood & Rifle

mission impossible---Buena Vista (I know BV isnÂt on the Western Slope!)

COLORADO SPRINGS

binnesman------------North side of COS

emagineer------------South COS - Broadmoor area

goatgal---------------Moving from AK

lindy loo--------------South COS

maece----------------COS

nancy in co-----------COS

nicole-----------------Manitou Springs

plantladyco-----------COS

pookyspal-------------COS

SOUTH of COS

shudavies-------------Canon City

susanka---------------Greenhorn Valley (Rye, Colorado City)

IDAHO

digit------------------(NW Idaho near WA)

MONTANA

missoula s------------Missoula

mthawki

NEW MEXICO

Bombus

UTAH

bpgreen

stevation-------------Utah Valley

WYOMING

jlynn------------------Near Casper

windwhipped----------Casper

??? NO LOCATION

wishcrr

debcatz--------------Just moved to 6500'!

Comments (37)

• digit
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Neighbors!

Thank You, Skybird for all your hard work, and very helpful enthusiasm!

There's only one person who posts highly informative information, is wonderfully welcoming, and who I don't see on this list of 54 (did I count right? or is it whom?). . . Let's see, her name is sly or chai or Shanghai or bola tie . . . I seem to be getting farther from the mark. Well, it was some kinda bird . . .

I just can't think right now. Too much time today spent in front of this rain-streaked window.

Steve

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ROFL Maybe it's dodo bird, Steve! Ya think? I never, even once, thought about putting my name on the list! I'm still cracking up laughing! Thru the tears, thank you for your kind words!

Skybird here! Picture me down near the bottom of the Metro Denver list, and I'm on the North end of Denver, up in Thornton! Nobody really close to me over here. Supermommy in Broomfield is probably the closest, so, Hi, supermommy! I'm glad to have you as a RMG neighbor! I keep trying to give things away, and nobody's close enough to me (or else they're scared of me!), so I haven't had any takers yet. Since you're in a new house, if you'd like to take a drive down 120th or 128th to Colorado Blvd. some day when you're getting into your gardening, and would like some groundcover sedum cuttings, and possibly some other things, PM me and we can work something out. (But if you do, post it here too---my GW account is somehow messed up and I'm not sure if I'd still get a PM or not!)

And Steve, I'm still crying! Why did you make me cry!!!

Dodo Bird!

• Related Discussions

Silly things the neighbors say about your garden?

Q

Comments (51)
    Hi Seil: I'm so sorry that teenagers steal your efforts in roses. I like Roseseek's story of "poisoned melons". An electric fence might be expensive, something cheap would be an official looking printed sign such as: TESTING FIELD FOR SPOROTHRIX FUNGUS - Report any rose prick to emergency room within 24 hours before infection spread. TESTING FIELD FOR ROSE ROSETTE DISEASE - Report any virus transmission to human within 24 hours to CDC (Center for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov) TESTING FIELD FOR ROSE MITE - Any inflammation of being bitten should be sterilized with 90% alcohol, and any swelling and fever should be seen by a physician immediately. *** Seil: I guarantee you such signs should keep teenagers from picking your roses. It's like the true story of a old guy who got sick of teenagers beating up on his garbage can. So he put up a sign, "Please bang on my garbage can exactly 20 times at 7 am, and I'll pay you a dime." After that, no more banging, because it's no longer fun, it's sheer work for teenagers.
    ...See More

Neighbors say no to fence... need HELP with fast growing barrier

Q

Comments (91)
    My heart goes out to you as I read your saga. Here are a few items that may be of assistance, they are not garden related but may help you enjoy your yard and not have to worry about your children. There is DIRT, an internet discussion group that is a service of American Bar Association and University of Missouri Law School that has a real estate focus. Post your story there and see what ideads that have. Ask if there is existing case law that would support your claim http://dirt.umkc.edu/ There is a legal concept of "unreasonable decision making" when a HOA does this, in some states the court will not allow them to restrict your actions. To be reasonable the decisions have to be documented and consistent. Some HOA have buried in them a clause that gives you the right to call for Arbitration to resolve an issue. I will pray that justice prevails.
    ...See More

The Grand View - RMG

Q

Comments (32)
    This thread began as a means to discuss the issue of Sunset zones. The secondary motive was for me to try to explore the notion that elevation is a factor to RMG but not the only factor. Over the course of looking at climate data, I discovered that annual precipitation and the time of its occurrence may be a defining feature for the RMG region. Aridity cannot be the only determinate or wed all be over in the Southwest Gardening forum. Previous and somewhat naively, I had thought that these evergreen mountains here and there indicated that there were areas with rather high rainfall amounts - what hadn't quite sunk in was that while that is true, these areas were all at elevations where gardening becomes impossible. I began wondering if a particular native plant species was representative of the broad RMG region. I'm no expert on native plants so this was a fun exercise even if it doesn't appear to be absolutely successful (perhaps, an impossibility). It seemed to me that the Arrowleaf Balsamroot was most broadly representative. I'm hoping that other gardeners are giving this some thought and will comment. By way of encouragement, my question now is - what the heck is this plant whose image is used here on GardenWeb to represent Rocky Mountain Gardening: Steve
    ...See More

Neighbors' Son, 15 -- What to Say?

Q

Comments (6)
    Hi Chisue: How awful and sad for your neighbors. I don't know if this was a suicide or an accidental death (e.g., due to playing the choking game or huffing) but sometimes the best thing to say is: "I don't know what to say other than I am so sorry for your loss." And then listen if they want to talk. Check in on them and let them vent if you can handle that. It's perfectly ok to cry with them as well as long as they don't end up being the one who has to comfort you. Actions speak louder than words. Drop by with a meal, mow the lawn, take their kids to school. Help with housework. Do the dishes. In short, helping with the mundane life tasks until the family can get back on its feet can be very helpful after everyone has expressed their sympathies and then returned to their lives. Understand that these are just general suggestions. I know of one person who felt helped the most by a neighbor who came over and polished the family's shoes for the funeral. I did not lose a child but did lose a spouse to suicide, and I would have given anything had someone stepped up to the plate and helped me out in this way. Regards, Mary R-K
    ...See More
  • lawdau64
    17 years ago

Hi Folks,
    I am newbie and first time in any forum. Am retired and native of Colorado Springs (Fountain/Widefield) for 40 years. Anxiously awaiting the time in May to set out my tomato plants. Would like to know what tomato plants that you all find a "winner" in this area. Would love e-mail telling me, if possible. Thanks, Ldaugh2518

Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Ldaugh2518,

Welcome to RMG! I'll add your name to the list!

There's a thread right now about what tomatoes everybody is planting this year. Check out the lists and ask over there if you're wondering about any particular varieties. The "tomato people" will find it that way! If you're not sure how to get there, just click on the link at the bottom of this post.

Glad to have you as a RMG neighbor,
    Skybird

• jaliranchr
    17 years ago

You have been a busy little skybird, haven't you? LOL, what a nice compilation, skybird. Thank you for all your work on this list. Very nice.

Yep, I'm out in Limon. :)

Welcome aboard, lawdau64! We have many tomatoheads here. You should feel right at home. :)

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Wow, what a job you did! And how great to know where we are in relation to yards/miles.

I'm reveling in having the rain Steve. Hope it is a positive for you too.

• susanka
    17 years ago

Hi, everyone! DH and I are building a new home on a ridge in the Greenhorn Valley. Supposed to move in sometime in May. Looks like there are no RMG posters in Pueblo; wish there were. If anyone can recommend a great nursery within reasonable driving distance(30 miles south of Pueblo), I'd be appreciative. I'm pretty new at gardening.

Glad to be here, and thanks, skybird, for the welcome.

Original Author
    17 years ago

Jali, Ive added "near Limon" by your name, so if I ever repost it, people who dont know where "Cedar Breaks" islolwill know where you are.

And, susanka, with shudavies in Canon City, maybe he/she will see this thread and know of somewhere near Pueblo to recommend to you.

Skybird

• pookyspal
    17 years ago

Thank you Skybird! That was a great idea. I love hearing about other Colorado Springs gardening buddies. And it helps to know what is blooming and happening "Up Nort."

Pookyspal

• singcharlene
    17 years ago

Thanks Skybird for taking the time to do this! It's nice to see where everybody's from.

• shudavies
    17 years ago

Susanka: Sorry, but I'm not much help with Pueblo area nurseries. Brady's Garden Center here in Canon City is just three blocks from my home, and they're pretty good, so I'm a little spoiled in that regard.

Quite a list there, Skybird. Thanks!

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Skybird...are you heading back to work next week? I hope we can still hear from you and really appreciate your input. Know working will cut into time and hope all goes well.

• wishccr
    17 years ago

Hello Skybird and all my helpful friends on RMG, I am in Northern Colorado, west of Fort Collins (near Masonville.)

Original Author
    17 years ago

Wishcrr, Ive changed the list to reflect where you are, so if it ever gets re-posted youll be in the right place! :-) Thanks for letting us know where you areIm sure your RMG neighbors up there will be glad to know youre in Northern Colorado. LOL Maybe we should pretend were a BIG state like Caleefornia, and start calling it NorCo (and SoCo)!

And, emagin, I dont know for sure when Ill be going back, but it wont be next week yet for sure! Since the elbow surgery, Ive been having shoulder pain, so now Im waiting for an MRI to be scheduled for that! This whole odyssey started when I fell and broke my kneecap in Nov. of 03! When I fell I put out my arm to break the fall and also injured my elbowand now the doctors saying that might be when my shoulder was injured too, but that it didnt become noticeable until after the added stress of the surgery and the cast, etc. Its absolutely incredible to me how much your life can be changed in less than a second! Theres SO much I didnt get done in the yard last year because the elbow pain was just too bad, so this year Im absolutely chomping at the bit. I have a kazillion things to get done! WAY more than I really possibly couldbut Ill just keep "chomping" away at the edges, and get as much done as I can.

But Ill let you all know when I go back to work, cause I don t want you to think Im just suddenly ignoring you! Would I do that??? ;-) But Ill still be here even when I am working again! Just not as much! I AM anxious to be working again. I love my job, and miss the (usually) friendly skies!

Happy snow day to all of you that are in on the most recent snow eventColorado highcountry, Utah, Wyoming, and some of Montana! The Denver area could get some Thursday night. I half hope we doand half hope we dont. If we do, the ground will be too wet to work in again for a while. But we DO still need the moisture, especially in the highcountry, so I guess we should all be glad for iteven if we have to wait a while to get back into the dirt again!

Happy Rocky Mountain Spring,
    Skybird

• debbielaw2
    17 years ago

Skybird I'm in Kiowa, about half way between Castle Rock and Limon. Thanks for all your hard work on this list it's super.

• spyfferoni
    17 years ago

You can add me to the list. I live in the Utah Valley also. I don't visit this forum very often, but maybe I should start.

Tyff

Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Debbie and Tyff! Were glad to have you here. This is a really great board, Tyff, so be sure you check in here for "high, dry, clay soil" RMG informatiaon. And, as youve already seen, there are a fair number of tomato nuts around here too! LOL Wish you lived around Denver so I could come eat some of your tomatoes!!! What a list you have!

Ive added you both to the list, but I probably wont be re-posting it again for at least a month or two. I sure wish there was some way to modify the list thats already been posted rather than having to re-post the whole thing! Debbie, I listed you under South Denver since I always think of the Parker/Castle Rock/ Elizabeth area as part of Denver, and Kiowas not too much further out. If youd rather be under Denver East with Jali and Milehi, let me know and Ill move you! So far Ive been thinking of East as further out on the plains and further away from metro Denver. And, Tyff, would I be correct in saying youre near Provo? Im just a dumb Coloradan who had to google Utah Valley! LOL Or is there some other recognizable town closer to you? (bp and Steve, I dont have any "nearby" town for either of you either! Utah is a big state!)

Im glad everyones happy to have the list! I wasnt sure if I should post it or not, but your thank yous make it worth the effort!

Thank you all for making this such a great board to post on.

Skybird

• primeribs
    17 years ago

Great Job on the list, Skybird!! It's nice to know where everybody is gardening. Now as far as Happy Snow Day, I'm not so happy.

Prime

Original Author
    17 years ago

Regarding the snow, Prime (or could we maybe call you Ribs!!!), just remember: This too shall pass! And it could be worse! Right now, if you check the NOAA map, out in eastern Colorado (and Kansas and Nebraska), there's tornado watches, tornado warnings, flash flood warnings, and severe thunderstorm warnings! At least you won't get any tornados with your snow out there! :-)

Keep smiling,
    Skybird

P.S. Where are you besides "Way Up There" in Jeffco? Near what town?

• primeribs
    17 years ago

Skybird, Not complaining about the snow. It is a great way to water the plants that are coming up. I'm actually in Park County, Jefferson is the town that is close to me (more like a wide spot in the road).

Prime

P.S. You can call me Ribs or Prime, whatever is good for you. Primeribs was my nickname in school, Just Stuck!

Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Prime,

So, are they? Your ribs! Prime? LOL Ill call you Prime! I like that better than Ribs! I was just kidding!

Ok! Ive got your location straightened out now! Jefferson County was just the first thing I thought of, but Ive been through your Jefferson many, many times when Im heading down to SW Coloradomy favorite part of the state! When the list is re-posted, youll be in your "wide spot!"

Glad you decided to join us here at RMG,
    Skybird

• billie_ladybug
    17 years ago

Hey all. I am new to the group too, not the area, just the group here. I am south of Yoder, another "wide spot". 30 miles east of Springs is more user friendly.
    B

• gindeejao
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting, though I've been lurking on the tomato growing forum for a year now. I live in Boulder and this will be the second summer I've had my community garden plot. I'm glad to have found you all!

Last year my garden got completely and utterly smashed by hail, right as my tomatoes were setting fruit. I hope this summer will be better!

gindeejao

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Skybird...are you a flight attendant/pilot? Out of Denver? My son worked there for over a year, but is now assigned to airports all over the US, Alaska for 3 mos the end of this month. If you are, the two of you have most likely passed each other at some point.

Am slow in getting things done too, got slammed with a medical issue over a year ago. It is a major irritation, but keep "slugging" along. Like you, nothing is going to keep me out of the garden. I've been in PT for over a month and has made all the difference in being able to move about. Decided I should admit to the PT what I get myself into on a daily basis...regardless of what I should be into. She just rolled her eyes, but knew I wasn't going to change anything. Attitude is part of the process too.

Hope you get back to good health to get back to all loved. Your set back has been a wealth of info for us, will be missed when you do see the "friendly skies" again.

• nrynes
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Skybird, I'm just outside of Monument... :)

I'm glad to see all of the activity here!!! And welcome to all of the newbies.

Nancy

Original Author
    17 years ago

Welcome Billie and gindeejao! Its nice to see a couple more new names around here. Youre both on the list for the next time I post it.

And, Nancy, I have you under COS outside of Monument now. Thanks for the correction.

Emagin, Im a flight attendant (UA), and yes, Im based in Denver. Ive lived here since 64, but transferred here from SFO the end of 03. That sounds confusing! I was a "stewardess" in 63, 64, and 65. Transferred here in 64, and then got married in 65 and was required to quit. Then I just came back to flying in 2000, and wound up based at SFO for 3½ yearsbut I commuted, so I was still living heremore or less! My transfer "this time" came through a couple weeks before I broke my kneecap! Bet youre totally confused by now! Since you seem to have an "inside" into the airline business, you may understand what Im talking about! What airline does your son work for that he goes all over the place? Ive never heard of that before. Isnt he "based" somewhere? What does he do?

Physical therapists can be fun! (Not talking about the WORK!) I kept mine in business his first year after I broke my kneecap! He had just opened his office, and I went 3 times a week for almost 11 months! After I broke my kneecap I walked a LONG way pulling my suitcases, and by the time I stopped, I didnt have any quads left! Found out later that muscles just "go away" if something hurts too muchthey try to "protect" you from doing anymore damage! Live and learn! So it took them less than 10 minutes to "go away," and 11 months to get them back! Still dont understand exactly how that works, but Im a testament to the fact that it does! LOL Anyway, my therapist is fun! Sounds pretty much like yours. When I was seeing him for my knee, hed hook me up to a long bungee cord and have me walk in different positions, stretching it as far as I could. Well, he has a couple wheeled stools, and I was bored one day, so I sat on one of the stools and stretched the cord back as far as I couldand lifted my feet up and "got a ride!" It was a ball, and he did it a couple times too! (I keep his life exciting! LOL) Unfortunately I cant convince him to let anybody else do it! He has a lot more clients now. I used to be the only one there most of the time. Anyway, if you have to be there, you might as well make it as much fun as you can! I hope your "problem" is coming along well.

More snow expected this Saturday! This is DEFINITELY a Rocky Mountain spring!
    Skybird

• redrockgarden
    17 years ago

Good Morning all fellow RMG gardeners. I don't write too often, but wanted to let you all know that I'm still here. Any other people in the western metro-foothills area? I used to live in Golden, moved to Morrison a few years ago. What a difference in gardening! Both places are interesting, but soil and climate-zone are very different. I also want to thank you Skybird for categorizing us geographically.

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Sky,

I love my physical therapist too, it is the happiest place to spend time outside of the garden. The results are always surprising to me, had never considered how well PT works. I sleep like a baby now and can do things beyond what was hoped for. Hate doctors and meds, but sure find PT to be a godsend and it feels like I am actively taking care of myself being involved. All those "toys" they have......tis amazing what they have come up with. Some of it is humorous and still the end results work. I don't use these, but there are soft rocks placed like a path that some people walk across. There was a kid that came along with his mom, the rocks were too interesting for him....hops on one foot all the way across while the rest of us were lucky to stand on one foot. And the treadmills that are backwards...wonder who comes up with this stuff.

Yup, understood what you were explaining. Flew more than even I can imagine when working (not the airlines) and got to the point of seeing the same attendants on a regular basis. My son is based out of the Springs. He travels to small airport locations depending upon the travel season for the area. He actually works for the gov, not an airline, am not privy to most of his responsibilities.

Everything has started to bud so soon, sure hope this cold snap doesn't ruin the blossoms. I keep watching for the day all is a wonderland of color for taking pics. So far my new plantings have done fine. Am holding off on some of the seeding, but got the flower beds ready (tore out a bunch of lawn). Cold weather may be a good time to wonder around the nurseries.

• meershaum
    17 years ago

Hi skybird and everybody.

Might as well put me on the list. I've been visiting the forums from time to time, for a few years now, and finally decided to join up. Must have been our incredibly nasty winter that put me over the edge.

I've been gardening in SW Denver / Lakewood for 35+ years now - can't remember exactly how old I was when my parents handed me a little shovel & a packet of corn and told me go at it.

I'm mainly into growing tomatos veggies and herbs. Unfortunatly, my wife likes to waste her time growing all that other stuff that you can't eat, so I seem to get dragged into that stuff too. Funny how that works.

• cnetter
    17 years ago

"Unfortunatly, my wife likes to waste her time growing all that other stuff that you can't eat, so I seem to get dragged into that stuff too. Funny how that works."

Sounds like we'll have to get her hooked on edible flowers - such as roses, daylilies, nasturtiums, etc. :-)

• chickwit
    17 years ago

I'll finally come out of lurking status. I've been watching this site for about a year. I'm in Aurora, in one of these ghastly new construction developments, where all the houses get 2 2" trees and 5 bushes. I did get daffodils and tulips down last fall and was treated to a great display from the daffies already. The tulips are up and if we get some sun, I imagine they'll bloom by the weekend.
    I tried gardening a few years ago, but when I would go out of town DH would forget to water. Now I've got him hooked on gardening - probably because I promised he could build a shed! I work from home and am proud to say I have 23 tomato plants growing in my office, along with one lonely pumpkin seedling from one of those kids' kits.
    Nice to meet all of you and look forward to seeing this site get more active this year!

• oddidahoian4
    17 years ago

just wanted to say "hi" hope Im in the right group. I live and garden in southeast Idaho (Idaho Falls). Im new at this, hope to learn a little more.

Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, I just got caught up on the welcomes on the Whos Here thread, so let me do it here too!

Hi Redrockgarden. Oh how I envy you living out in the foothills! Id love it out there! The end of last August I found a private cabin (built in the 30's by the CCC) out in Bailey on a year-round stream and spent a couple days out there. Nothing but pure peace and quiet! It was wonderful! Im not showing anybody real close to you thats checked in yet. The people on the far west side of Denver would probably be the closest. But, who knows, maybe some other Morrison people will find their way here.

Meershaum, its nice to meet youeven if you arent too into flowersyet! But, hey, veggies are good too! Im into that too. And, well, veggies have flowers! But youre one of the ones who definitely has to go to the What Does Your Name Mean thread to tell uswhere did your name come from? When I first saw it, I wanted to ask, does a meershaum look anything like a meerkat? :-) So now, whenever I see it, I cant think of anything but meerkats! So maybe youd like to set the record straight on that one.

And, chickwit (you MUST tell us where your name comes from too!), I bet youre glad we didnt get the snow yesterday so your tulips didnt get all smooshed down. It looks like there may be more coming on Monday or Tuesday, but if theyre right, the temps will be warm enough that itll be rain instead of snow. We can all use rain. Sorry to hear about the "ghastly development," but if you have 2 trees and 5 bushes, at least its a start for some great perennial beds! And, wow, if youre home all the time to be sure they stay watered, you can even start a lot of your perennials from seedgreat money-saver. Yeah, it takes them a while to grow up, but its a lot of fun to watch the little babies growing too.

And, oddidahoian, I think you need to go to that other thread too, to tell us where the "odd" comes from! And, yes, you are definitely on the right forum. You have one other compadre up there in Idaho, digit/Steve, but hes up in the "chimney/panhandle." There are a lot of folks around here with a lot of answers for you, so dont be afraid to come ask as youre getting started in this great addiction.

Welcome to each of you, and thank you all for checking in. Ive added your names to the "list," and hope to repost it in the next couple weeks since there have been quite a few additions since the first posting.

Have a good weekend everyone,
    Skybird

• sandy_s
    17 years ago

hi skybird and company i'm in Rifle, CO and would love to join your group and compare notes with others. thanks for doing this. sandy

Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Sandy,

Glad to see you found your way here. Youre on the list and Ill try to get it posted again before too long.

Highalttransplant will be glad to know she has another RMG friend out there! Shes somewhere between Rifle and GlenwoodI think she said shes in Siltso keep an eye out for her around here.

Welcome,
    Skybird

• conace55
    17 years ago

Skybird, I wanted to clarify my location for your list. I live in Centennial, but if you've ever looked at a map of Centennial, you'll see how far reaching east/west it is. Therefore I often clarify that it is Southeast Aurora. Is that confusing enough for you?

Connie

Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, I bet you can confuse me better than that if you really try, Connie! ;-)

Ill list you as Centennial/SE Aurora! That should give most people a pretty good picture.

I didnt know Centennial had developed that far, but Aurora has the same problem! Im not sure where it ends on the north endI think its somewhere near DIAbut when I lived "in Parker" (it was really just north of the Douglas County line and just east of Parker Road), I was in unincorporated Arapahoe County, but my mailing address was Aurora! So when someone just says "Aurora" it doesnt mean a whole lot either.

Thanks for the clarification,
    Skybird