SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikki_white9642362

Privacy Palms along fence line

Nikki White
5 years ago

I am looking for some experienced gardening feedback. I bought this 1 Christmas palm and had planned on putting 3 more so it would give me some privacy from the road. I had a landscape company come out and they suggested I transplant this somewhere else and put up Areca Palms. I am in zone 10. I dont want the whole back fence covered just the part from the street.
I have a couple of concerns about the arecas. I have some in pots and they yellow quite a bit. My yard has full sun all day long. I don't think arecas look as pretty yellow and burnt on the tips but he says they will do better in the ground than the ones I have in pots. My other concern is will it look funny having arecas acting as like a hedge on half of the fence with the other half with nothing there.
My concern with the Christmas palm is how tall it will get. If it gets 10 or 15 feet will I loose the privacy of these since it will be much higher than the fence? Will 3 or 4 of these planted 5 or so feet apart give me the privacy I am looking for or is the areca a better choice.
I have included a couple of photos. I would appreciate any opinions.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville