SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bsds71

House Plan Critique...here we go

bsds71
5 years ago

I could go on and on about our house plan saga, I actually just did but it somehow all got deleted, so I'm cutting it way short because my patience is gone. We have been trying to get our perfect house plan for the past 2 years, we have went through 3 different draftsman and architects. Yes, I realize I am the problem. That being said with every new plan and every dollar spent it is getting further from what I want. I know the consensus will be to start over with someone with design talent and unfortunately that is no longer an option. Trust me, I would. So, here goes nothing.

We are a family of 5 3 kids ages 10,6,and 3. We live in Ohio and are building on 2.5 acres facing West. We want 1.5 story with the front exterior to look more like a one story. The stairs need to be by the Master Bedroom, I wanted a window so badly at the landing but that cut. I know the kitchen is a mess, but we have some good options to work with, I just really want to keep the beverage station area, would like to move the opening where the screened in porch ends. Don't think it will be possible. I wish the great room were larger, I wish the hallway ran through the whole 1st floor with 4ft width. My husband needs the 3 car garage, we'll have a section by the door in the garage for sports equipment and dirty shoes. We didn't want to walk in a mudroom, we have that layout now and its always a mess and we'd rather walk into a clean hallway. We will put a closet to the right and shorten the pantry. I also couldn't figure out how to crop the plan so I had to take a picture and it is not rotating when I post, so I apologize for that. So, without further ado(as I pour my goblet of wine)...

Comments (26)