SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lifeontherivah

The time has come to begin planning. Zone 7. Here we go!

Maribeth
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I need you. Probably all of you. I am so daggone tired from designing and building a house while working full-time and with many ill family members, that I have done nothing toward the landscaping that needs to be done pronto, as soon as NJ warms up. We have not one plant in our entire yard. Had a few scraggly trees and they were in the middle of where the house was being built, so they went. Timing of construction (May to February) precluded anything but throwing down sod in October.

Here are pics of the barren front and back of the house (shutters en route). We are about 1/8 mile from a river and a mile as a seagull flies from the ocean, in Zone 7 at the NJ shore. Want to retain views in the back, but we really want the weight of evergreens year-ground....boxwoods, hollies, etc, along with hydrangeas and sea grasses and crepe myrtles. We have direct sunshine. We have been the victims of two homes that were seriously overplanted by professionals. Costly and, in the end, not very attractive. Any ideas/opinions/assistance appreciated. Thank you, Garden Webbers. Very much.

The "Last Home" Build · More Info

Comment