SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Lemon/Lime & Limona Amaryllis Blooms NOW! Plus......

PoohBearLvr
5 years ago

These are my 'Lemon Lime' blooms, & my 'Limona' blooms that just opened yesterday. I wanted to share them with all. Here in Ft.laud. they are outside in pots all year, and I pretty much ignore them! If I paid attention to them, would they put out more blooms and more bulbs???

They bloom every year. I do need to repot them, put into new soil and deeper pots. They are from the late 1980's, from Park Seed Company. Anyone know if these are related somehow, and rare??? They WERE rare back then.

I have 1 'Papillo' about to bloom. A shock from a bulb that I was about to pitch into the trash. It is small and frankly it never bloomed! Now it is the only one of like 10 bulbs that I have, that has bloomed in years. And I have another HUGE bulb, that usually blooms at X-Mas. I THINK it is called 'Earth Star'? Or 'Red Star'? Is that a 'cybister'? I will have pics. of the blooms in a few days.

I will post pictures and ask the name. I have seen it on here, but cant find it now. So I will post mine when it blooms, maybe others here can tell me the name. I lost the tag. The bulb is massive and has put out two more bulbs, it is in a half split plastic pot, and the roots are WAYYY into the soil. So...after it blooms, I will finally pull it up and repot it, and tag it!! Enjoy, and I ask for opinions on the name of what my other one can be. Is there an 'Earth Star' or 'Red Star'? I will post pics. of it and the Papillo as well, in a few days when they open.

The first 3 are 'Lemon Lime', the second 3 are 'Limona'. I love them because they live outside here in south Fla. with NO care. And bloom every year. Some years the 'Lemon Lime' is more yellow or green. This year is is more yellow with a pinkish blush. Is this normal? The 'Limona' is usually VERY yellow. This year it is more whitish and has the fine lines in it. Is this due to light, heat or what? I love these because they do so well here, nothing eats them and they thrive on neglect.

Regular amaryllis live at X-Mas time only here, and that's it. These and my 'Papilios' and other 'Cybisters' usually bloom each year. But this year, most of my 'Cybisters' didn't bloom, except for 'Lima', others are just growing. Any hints on their care? Enjoy the pictures.

Comments (4)