SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynberg26

Lighting over 9ft rectangular dining table with low sloped ceiling

cynberg26
5 years ago

Our home is a 1792 Cape. We are putting in a kitchen/dining in the ell which has an alcove area of 13.5ft L x 7ft deep. Our farm table is 9ft long x 45in wide x 30in high. The space has windows on two sides and we are building an L shaped bench for the table with chairs on the opposing sides. The ceiling is 81in at the window, 89in right about the middle of the table, and 94in at the outer edge of the table. It's also where the structural beam is exposed that divides the alcove from the rest of the ell. Our view from the windows in this space is a beautiful pastoral and mountain view that we don't want to block. Our style is casual, farm / family (we actually have a working farm). I would love some advice on how to do the lighting for this dining space and above the table that will do three things: 1) Provide task lighting for those times when we're doing a project at the table, 2) Provide nice soft/gentle light for dining, and 3) Allow for the view to be enjoyed from the kitchen island which looks across the dining area to the view. I know this is long winded, but I wanted to give as much detail as possible to hopefully paint a useable picture to get some help.

Comments (2)