SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_267349906

Opinion on light Fixture over Dining Room table and Breakfast bar

Joshua Farber
5 years ago

My wife and I have been struggling to find a light fixture for over the dining room table as well as 1 pendant for over the breakfast bar. In the end due to the cabinet door in the way we will just have 1 centered over the space (currently a 3 light pendant in the picture). We would also get one over the sink to match.

She's a big fan of the exposed bulbs and of the glass pendants, but I'm a little hesitant on that due to glare and not sure if I like the look or not. I've grown to like the fixture we have over the dining room table, but we haven't found bulbs for it that we feel work well. Edison bulbs I know are popular but like others on the forum have mentioned, we have 3000k recessed lights in the kitchen, so i feel we need bulbs that are warm white and not as yellowish. I've attached pics of the kitchen (disregard the holes in the ceiling as we had to have the lights moved.

Any opinions on what we currently have and recommendations for fixtures and bulbs would be great, I won't take offense to anything as I'm not the least bit of a designer!

Thanks in advance!

-J

Comments (22)