SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyblue52

Gotta love a basket

skyblue52
5 years ago

*Our Blooming Friends Swap Group [0BF] was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you.

*Please be a successful member of GardenWeb/HOUZZ and have completed a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be sent to Shirley [Brittneysgran]

1. Have fun! No bickering!

2. Send your swap by posted deadline.

3. Always include a Delivery Confirmation/Tracking number and

post it on the swap thread when you send the package if needed

4. Please send things that you yourself would enjoy receiving.

5. PLEASE POST after you have received your swap and POST what you have received (Pictures are always nice)

6. You will be required to replace a swap package that does not make

it to your partner, for any reason. Also you'll be required to replace any item that arrives broken/damaged.

7. New members, for the first two swaps, you will be required to send your swaps first.

April so busy. Looking thru the shed and my grand collections of baskets. Baskets for Easter, baskets for flowers , baskets for tools and baskets for collecting vegetables. Our mission is to get things to fill those baskets. Annual seeds, vegetable seeds, garden items, ribbons and decorations. Lets get this started. Sign up by the 6th. and mailed by the 15th. Lets see if we can get some pretties. #love mason jars also

Comments (66)

• sandlapper_rose
    5 years ago

Love the pictures with flowers and baskets!

Tammy, I would not have been able to resist those African Violets either. They are beautiful and I've never seen any priced that low. I did buy one last year even though I don't seem to have much luck with them due to the amount of sun we get near our windows. The one I bought was so pretty and blooming like crazy --- and get this, people had been pinching off the leaves (I guess to try to root one without buying the plant). I admit, I felt sorry for it. The leaves are in good shape now - months later - but we'll see if I ever get any flowers.

I hope everyone has a good month of April and I'll stop by again.

• mcc371
    5 years ago

Yes that is my downfall in any garden center I have to buy something and if it looks saveable in the least it comes home with me. Haha! But I have done a lot of reading and I thiught these African violets looked in really good shape though and wasn’t sure why they were priced that. But anyway they are mine to hopefully enjoy now. Thanks for all the comments.

Ruth can you PM me your address please? Thank you!

• Related Discussions

Gotta LOVE those Amaranthus !

Q

Comments (40)
    Hi Marnie, glad you liked the photos :) ... and, no, it's not too late to start them now! Mine have recently been sown (in the solarium) and are just now showing themselves. Yes, it's nicotiana in the photo, I had planted two varieties, one being "Perfume Delight" and the other "Eau de Cologne Mixed", it's likely the latter ... though, they have a pleasant fragrance, they're certainly not nearly as fragrant as the tall growing and evening scented "Fragrant Cloud" ... clumps of this plant will purfume the evening air with a wonderful fragrance :) Terry
    ...See More

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

Q

Comments (65)
    Thanks for the update. Commiserating with you about the cable, etc. DH and I have spent most of three days here on Maui, grappling with Computer, Cable, BluRay, Amazon Prime for streaming. The condo association switched to Oceanic for internet; had them for TV earlier. They've failed twice in three days; next time they will send someone with a new gizmo. (Modem/router/whatsis) Take it easy. No need to do everything immediately. You aren't used to the weather. Wishing you many happy years in your Florida home!
    ...See More

Gotta love fall sales!

Q

Comments (3)
    Oh, I came with really nice-looking shrubs at 50% off too - 3 "Munchkin" oakleaf hydrangeas and a mountain laurel, and I picked up some perennials at 20% off. The perennials are now 50% at a local nursery, and they've got a lot of nice stuff left, I may go tomorrow when I'm out and about and see what I can round up. The 20% wasn't a great deal, but there were a few things I wanted specifically for the bed I'm working on in the back, although the pots of bergenia I bought were only $4.99 at full price and were really nice-sized for the money, so after 20% discount I only paid a whopping $3.99 per plant - so I still scored there, and the other stuff wasn't terribly pricey to begin so I figured why wait (plus, I want to get the chore of getting this bed done for the season out of my hair).
    ...See More

Gotta love it....

Q

Comments (10)
    I need to get to Lowe's and browse their house plants. I've found some goodies there over the years. Hoping to find one of those hanging baskets of lacunosa again. My local Wal-Mart had them only once in the 10 years (give or take) it's been here. Lowe's is about 40 minutes away in the western, eastern, and northern directions (as well are Home Depot, and other Wal-Marts). Brad AKA Moonwolf
    ...See More
  • mcc371
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Susan how dId you become a trial grower for bakers creek? That is awesome!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Bakers creek has an application for free seeds. I filled it out and did say I was moderate grower and what I liked to grow. so they sent a heirloom tomato, mixed lettuce, black sweet pepper and a 1 lb melon.I never relized it was a trial grower where you record you processes as a grower. But I am up for the game. IT is a private group where we talk about out progress and growing challenges. they are all over the world. I also got in another growout for a non profit pepper and tomatoe but neither seed has come up. I contacted them . their seed was donated and they only have 6 of the Cherokee black heart left. When I get them will be a late start. I really want to grow this tomato. Now an added challenge this month. I am going to N. Carolina on the 23. My youngest grandaughter graduates this week from High school. she is leaving in May to attend Pensacola Presbyterian college in Fla on a work program. so we are going to celebrate her new life. I have my tomatoes and peppers repotted enough they should be ok.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Good Afternoon . Lets do a quick brain starter First one to find 10 words in Basket ====

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

garden

grow

bloom

weeds

wildflowers

plant

kindness

thyme

family

love

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Went on vacation to Naples, Florida last Thursday and returned yesterday. Such a fun trip with 5 of my gardening friends. A friend who lives in Naples 6 months and 6 months here in Franklin is an artist and invited us to come and stay in her condo. She had an art show and we all attended. I can't imagine painting a picture and it selling for $4,000.00 dollars.

Lois and Bruce

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I am giving you an prize for effort. I meant a word scramble for basket . Let's try again doubleheader. I just loved the picture.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

you can buy a lot of lilies for $4000.

• mcc371
    5 years ago

10 words in basket

task

base

set

bat

beat

tea

skate

baste

sat

kate

skyblue52 thanked mcc371
  • mcc371
    5 years ago

That is pretty neat I didn’t know the seed companies did things like that. Good luck and hopefully they will be good while you are away. Congrats to your Gdaughter on her graduation!! Exciting times!!

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Susan - too funny, got it now. LOL I think I still have jet lag.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

This is the first year. In fact someone commented they wondered if anyone was really "picked" I do know they read my growing likes I wish I would have said " annual flowers" it is easy to lust after all their wonderful seeds.

• ruthz
    5 years ago

Good Morning,

I'm having some computer issues so I may not be able to check in. I can use my phone for facebook and email, but not houzz.

Tammy, sent you my address. My package has been mailed.

skyblue52 thanked ruthz
  • skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Everyone must be busy. I can understand. I need to finish up my basket box. birthday box and get my taxes out. I also promised out some white irises . Tomorrow the mail box. Glad I got the grass cut and weed and feed yesterday. It is chilly here today.

• mcc371
    5 years ago

Susan I posted my 10 words for your basket scramble game not sure if I am correct either though. They are posted a few comments back.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I totally lost yesterday . I also found a tray of tomatoes I left on my cable box had friends stop in so it was a wonderful day . now to catch up m with 1100 emails.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Tammy you are my winner for the word seek game.

• mcc371
    5 years ago

At least you found them before they got too big. I have lots of pots to get ready to transplant outside I am way behind.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

darn a chilly 40 today. nothing outside but peas yet. Tammy it is an exciting time of year. hope everyone is going to enjoy your weekend.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

lets do a basket game. all types of baskets . some have the same number of letters. but you are smart cookies.

E----- basket

B---- basket

L------ basket

G--- basket

F---- basket

W---- basket

P----- basket

message me the answers

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Susan - Sent my answers

It was so beautiful in Naples.

We decided to try on hats at a local shop in Naples.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Love the hats. Are you in the black? It is so fun to visit the great places in our USA. So much to offer .

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

the garden is mad today. Yesterday it was smiling at me. The daffodils have all burnt out in the front garden from the sun yesterday. The back yard is always a week behind.

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    5 years ago

My little spot in front of my house. I tried to pack as much in there as I can. I do have a columbine that I planted from seed that came back and almost ready to bloom, and also 1 ranucculus root(?) out of about 5 or so that came up and its about to bloom too.

No matter what I do I cant get that grass to stop growing.

I think if I get the time I might swipe some of my brothers pallets and make a box there, I think theyd be much happier. I just have to find the time to build one.

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Susan yes I am in the black hat. I agree we have such fun places to visit here in the good old USA.

I received my basket goodies from Ruth.

Egg dying kit

Pink bunny

Bunny tic tac toe

Plastic easter eggs

Easter towel

Easter wash cloth

Easter card

6 Easter cookie cutters

Seeds Monet No FUGI JMG, Morning Storm JMG

Cannas Australia

Thank you so much Ruth, I had some of the plastic eggs I put in a new easter container this year. I liked a few filling in to the top and yeah just enough now to finish it. Love cannas so can't wait to see these bloom. Eddie and I always have family/friends here for Easter so now have my new towels to display.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Wowee Yowee Ruth gave you a party . No matter what you like to do for Easter she has you covered.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

so what is everyone progress? I sent to Nikki 2 days ago. But always takes longer to the west coast. Ruth has sent to Shirley.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

what difference a week makes

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Susan how beautiful

Lungwort

Redbud Tree

5 years ago

I got Susans basket yesterday. That came quick. Thank you. Those gummy bears are yummy. Ive never seen those flavors before.

Hoping to get Tammys basket out by next monday. Have to wait for my check to come in.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

hello Nikki I hope the double Datura was in good shape. I started double yellow and double purple. But when repotting laid the labels down. but hope I can get them to full bloom. Had one for 3 years never bloomed . Shirley our trees are just budding out. the plum tree is full. LAST year on the 28th we had a light snow, but still had a decent harvest. our streets are covered with the red buds because the wind is strong.

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Susan-I could never figure out why it is called a redbud tree but the blooms are purple.

I do love the redbuds Rising Sun being my favorite.

Mailed your basket goodies today.

skyblue52 thanked brittneysgran
  • mcc371
    5 years ago

Mailing my pkg out today.

5 years ago

Susan it arrived in perfect condition. I had a purple one that bloomed its first year. It was very pretty. Must of loved where I had it. I lost it with all my other stuff.

I have some pallets coming after my sis in law finishes her project. She doesnt know how much she will need to do it so I have to wait.

I started working on my macrame plant holders that I started in 2016. I hope I can get time to finish them sometime soon.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Girls the word game is still open. I got Shirleys package tonight. I potted the lilies and calla already. Tring to stay ahead of the game. . A great package. Cant wait to fill in the details later.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

here is my sweet basket full of goodies lily off the valley for a sweet start to spring. A happy Easter sign to decorate and bird house. Canning labels for my special gifts. An iris ,liliies pink border and Makita and 3 cara zantedeshia. Thank you Shirley for the great card.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

• ruthz
    5 years ago

Got my basket of awesome goodies from Tammy yesterday. Plus 3 packs of seeds that I forgot to put in the picture. Of course those jelly beans are gone already. That's a yummy brand that I had not had before. Thank you so much Tammy, love it.

Edited to add: my daughter opened the eggs last night and there was more seeds and chocolate.

skyblue52 thanked ruthz
  • skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi girls the month is moving along . Any guesses I'm the basket words? Been a strange month. Spent my evening checking my historical irises to see how many rotted. Not to many. Used pro mix to pot up . The natural soil was just to wet for over wintering. Been losing them every winter. The dahlias are just getting eyes. What is going on in your spring gardens?

5 years ago

Just updating. My check is late and Im not able to get Tammys box out until it gets here.

skyblue52 thanked cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
  • skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hello girls. how's everyone's week going? In Whiteville N.Carolinia. Split some daffodils and replanted irires. Did some rows of green beans and cucumbers. Getting ready to watch Mary Poppins .

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

A great family picture Susan, are you the one in the blue shirt?

Just got home today after spending 4 days in Sevierville, Tn. We have a camper there so decided to spend some R&R time there. Shopped at all of my favorite stores so now it is back to weeding and digging. All the rain we received this year is killing us on the weeds.

Bearded Irises blooming

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    5 years ago

The month is gone and Nikki is hoping to Have Tammy out soon. Everyone else is done.
    Tammy and Shirley are winners in games. Thank everyone for joining. Our lives are filled with such wonderful family and friends.

• ruthz
    5 years ago

Susan, thank you for a fun swap.

Shirley, beautiful bearded iris. Mine haven't bloomed yet this year but I have one bud.

5 years ago

Tammy. Im working on finishing up your package this weekend, finally got my check today. Boy that was very late this month. It came just in time to pay rent. Will mail out on monday. Sorry for the delay.

skyblue52 thanked cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
  • mcc371
    4 years ago

went to post office this afternoon and received my package from CinnieO.

Thank you I received strawberry licorice, chocolate Milano cookies, mint chapstick, small calendar, cranberry mix, and a flower rocket all stuffed in a cute homemade basket. She also made me the cutest photo album, a notebook, and a live plant - couldn’t find a name for it. Thank you so much I am already enjoying parts of it as I type this.

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend.

Tammy

4 years ago

Glad it arrived safely and that you are enjoying it., I forgot the name and the tag must of fallen off. Sorry about that. Also sorry it took so long for me to get it out.

• mcc371
    4 years ago

Susan thank you for the midnight pleasures Dutch iris.