SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmaness1

'80s Lakehouse remodel, help w/ colors

tmaness1
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

hi there! Remodeling a south Texas lakehouse, specifically tackling the kitchen and living room. As you enter, the kitchen is tucked away on left, next to dining. (see before, pic 1). My blue drawing is showing to bump up entry to ceiling height. That brownish bar area is getting bumped out into the dining to accomodate a cooktop and a couple of bar stools at the end. Yes, that is whitewashed cedar all on the walls in the ENTIRE area, into the living room too. It is a giant cedar box.

Peninsula bar area will be painted navy (SW Indigo Batik), and the cabinets will be raised to ceiling, painted SW Agreeable Grey (I wanted white, but hubs hates white; this was as light grey as I could get). I do have a white 4X16 subway tile backsplash. Flooring throughout kitchen, dining, and living is Provenza Sassy Grey wood laminate.

My questions: 1. What color do we paint the back wall of kitchen going into laundry? Door will be painted white (SW Alabaster) and adding molding on door facade. Wall around kitchen has no more cedar and will be painted SW Natural Linen.See in progress pic 2. Is the navy too much on that wall, since it is such as small kitchen? Would the eye compete in looking at that and the peninsula?

2. Additionally, we torn out the cedar above kitchen and dining room, just leaving into living (will repaint SW Shell White). As it comes around to the wet bar (being converted to entertainment center, see pic 3) and Austin stone fireplace, what color should we paint the new entertainment center cabinets? My gut is grabbing that navy color (SW Indigo Batik) for a pop, and balancing the peninsula that is to the left of this. My blue drawing on fireplace is replacing the stone mantel to a cedar mantel, stained rich brown.

Here is a pic of the materials and colors scheme I have envisioned for house.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)