SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kthum11

Slowly removing the 80s from the 80s Kitchen (paint & LVT)

kthum11
6 years ago

Hello everyone! This old 80s kitchen requires a lot of updating and a total renovation is outside of my budget. So far, I have gotten new kitchen appliances. And, this year, I have decided to get the floors done (because the grout is coming up) and removing the wallpaper and painting the space. While I would love to do something about the cabinets and get new countertops and new fixtures, I cannot afford to do that right now. I wanted to get some thoughts on the flooring I have chosen (Luxury Vinyl Tile) and get some suggestions on paint colors. The flooring is set to be installed in a couple of weeks and it's going to be all over the kitchen (no more carpet in the breakfast area). I was thinking about painting the walls a light grey/greige once the wallpaper is removed. My wallpaper guy suggested picking a Benjamin Moore paint. Any thoughts you guys have, would be helpful! Thank you!

This is the flooring I am using: https://shawfloors.com/flooring/vinyl/details/journey-tile-0494v/crete

Comments (10)