SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khondkarelahi

Jackson and Perkins Bare Root Roses Dry Growth

Hello everyone. So I've never purchased bare-root roses before, and I saw a bunch on Jackson and Perkins' website that I liked, so I went ahead and bought 10 of them. I was very dissatisfied upon receiving them (however, one of their customer service reps took care of my issue). The issue was that many of them were breaking dormancy already and looked to be less than Grade 1 roses.

I planted the roses though, and most of them appear to be struggling. They are putting out new growth (it's only about 1/4 of an inch long), but it's drying up and dying. I asked the customer service rep about this and she said this sometimes happens, but that I should give them some time and that they should recover in a few weeks. Is it true that this happens sometimes? The canes are still green and look alright, but it's worrying that the first growth is dying off almost immediately. It makes me wonder if the roses have the buds and a root system capable of supporting buds that I can't see (because it's the main buds that are dying off). Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)