SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andy_fisher30

Backsplash for a kitchen in an adobe home

Andy Fisher
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Okay, so I am getting myself an updated kitchen ina southwestern style adobe home with exposed Vega beams, beehive fireplace, and talavera bathrooms. We are taking out the talavera tile counters in the kitchen because I hate them and their gross grout lines. We are doing a solid surface counter, probably quartz, which is the only decision I’ve actually made.

At this point, I am so overwhelmed by choices of cabinets and backsplash tiles. I think I want a painted cabinet because I can’t ever match the natural wood custom throughout the house. So go different, right? Which means, I can bring color into the cabinets, or do a patterned tile to pay homage to talavera, whithout having to be quite so bright. Or both.

I love the the cobalt blue in my kitchen now and will miss it, so I’d like to bring some blue back in.

Oh, and the kitchen flows into to our living/dining which have a yellow gold plaster on the walls (which we love) and the floor is solid concrete throughout stained a terra-cotta color.

I’m leaning towards a sage green hazel cabinet and an encaustic style tile That has some cream and green and blue. But I’m facing decision fatigue and just can’t narrow it down. Do I start with the tile? Am I crazy for wanting a bold tile in our bold house? I don’t want the new kitchen to not match the rest of the house and be blah.

What do do you think? What should I be thinking about that I’m not?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH