In My Life lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

• Elizabeth
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Gloucester MA

• Alisande
    5 years ago

Oh, thank you, Annie! How could I have forgotten? My daughter Gillian used to sing that. Beautiful song.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    5 years ago

The less well known Sean Connery version:

• OklaMoni
    5 years ago

• Lars
    5 years ago

• Sisters in faith
    5 years ago

• gyr_falcon
    5 years ago

• nicole___
    5 years ago

Colorado Rockies

• Uptown Gal
    5 years ago

• glenda_al
    5 years ago

Friend in Ft Worth, Sunday

• DawnInCal
    5 years ago

I have lived in my area for nearly 25 years and I will never tire of seeing these mountains. No matter where I end up, I will always remember these beautiful views.

This one is a particular favorite as I was photo bombed by a bald eagle - did not know it was there until I looked at the photos on my computer a few days later:

• marilyn_c
    5 years ago

Snoop. Looking good in the "neigh"borhood at 31 years old. Abandoned, picked up by animal control, turned down by rescues because he was 30 years old, skinny, and arthritic and considered unadoptable. He was going to be put down the next day. I asked for him to be a companion to Emery, and they gave him to me.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    5 years ago

Whether in fuzzy winter coat or shiny summer coat, Teddy was my heart horse. I miss him every day. I was lied to about how old he was when I bought him. The guy said he was 15 years old. When I picked up his papers just a week later, I found out he was 20 years old. That's an age I wouldn't have considered for a trail horse, but we turned out to be perfectly matched. He had a lot of "get up and go" and we had 7 perfect years together before I lost him to cancer. My happiness also came from knowing that the last 7 years of his life were his best. He lived on a 100 acre farm, outside 24/7, all the food he could want, good horse friends and some of the nicest trails to ride on that I have ever had the pleasure to use. Great memories.

• maire_cate
    5 years ago

Our other home.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

The museum

• marilyn_c
    5 years ago

Murraysmom, it breaks my heart that Teddy got cancer, but you are so right...he had a wonderful life with you, and someone to ease him over when the time came. No horse could ask for more.

• nicole___
    5 years ago

Murraysmom.....is that the custom saddle you had made, that he's wearing? I never got to see it.

• jemdandy
    5 years ago

Double Barrel Covered Bridge

• roy4me
    5 years ago

• norar_il
    5 years ago

The little rock church where I was baptized and married.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    5 years ago

Thank you, Marilyn.

Nicole, the saddle in that picture is the second one I bought. The first one was bought within a week of my getting Teddy. It was not a very good one. It was cordura so it was lighter but it wasn't balanced. I could never get it cinched up just right. The second one was a Circle Y Topeka. That was a dandy. It was so comfortable for me and it was very well balanced. But unknowingly it did not fit Teddy as well as it should have. He was just too much of a gentleman to let me know that. :) So my friend was having a guy come who was a saddle-fitter. I asked him about my saddle and he told me it didn't fit Teddy. So my third saddle was a Circle Y High Horse with a wide tree. I actually did notice that Teddy had a "freer" walk and easier trot with the third saddle. My friend's horse actually stopped throwing her when she got her "magic" saddle, the same one I got for Teddy. LOL I had that third saddle and used it on the Big Red horse I got to ride after Teddy died. But once Big Red passed away and I didn't have any other horses I could ride, I ended up donating it to a horse rescue that I follow on Facebook. They are about 3 hours away and a friend and I made a day trip out of taking the saddle and all my brushes and various paraphernalia out to the rescue. They were thrilled to get it. I figured that unless I win the lottery, I won't have another horse. And if I do, I can afford to get a new saddle, one that is fitted to the horse. So making a long story longer, here is the third saddle. While it wasn't "custom" made it was custom fitted.

Thanks for asking about it. It brings up lots of great memories. :)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Absolutely beautiful horses. Very nice saddles!

• nicole___
    5 years ago

Murraysmom....Teddy was such a JOY to you. He's gorgeous! Such a beautiful saddle!

I've got a story for you. Robin put Peeka in his carrier, rabis shot @ the vet day Friday. He turned and sprayed through the carriers bars. Got cat pee all over my arm, the leather interior of my suv, my T-shirt. :0) .....lol

Marilyn's Snoop is gorgeous too. Big hugs to you for rescuing him.

• marilyn_c
    5 years ago

I'm sorry to read that Big Red passed away too.

• desertsteph
    5 years ago

I love horses. a number of people around me have them and ride them down the road and sometimes over to the mountain park area around us. when I pass them out on their land I usually wave at 'em and yell 'hi horses!' one has gotten loose at least twice and come over to visit me.

sometimes I think that's why I like to watch old westerns so much.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    5 years ago

LOL Steph! Thanks everyone. Marilyn, Big Red's passing was fast and unexpected (twisted gut, I think) so that was a shock. But at least they were both old guys. Teddy was 27 and Big Red was 26. Snoop at 31 does look good and you know he has a good life now. We had a couple of horses at the farm that made it to 30. That is quite an accomplishment.

Nicole, Peeka must have been VERY mad. I have never had a cat do that!! Yikes! That is going to take a forest of those little trees hanging from the rear view mirror to counteract that!! I wish you much luck!