SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_132608400

wet room with free-standing tub

hi all, this is my first post, so not sure how this will work. my girlfriend and I bought a house and are redoing the bathroom. We fell in love with the wet room with a free standing tub look, so that's the direction we are going. I will try to post pictures of the existing layout and also the layout we want to have. there are no walls being blown out (though one is being converted to a half-wall).

my question for you, the DIY'ers and the pros here at houzz that have experience with building, using, and living with a wet room with a free standing tub, is how did you go about waterproofing the area? also how do you like the layout? I've heard a lot of people say everything gets wet, but we are going to have a glass pane separate the shower section from the rest of the bathroom. the floor will be all tile -thats the plan right now- and the wet room walls will be cultured marble- again, that's the plan right now.

I will try to get some sketches uploaded to give you a better idea, and I am open to all honest opinions. please do not comment if you have nothing to offer beyond "these things suck." thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

Comment (1)