SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinebaron1

Foyer/Entry Chandelier

Pinebaron
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Decided to start a new thread. As several of you know we designed and built a new house. All lighting fixtures have some element of chrome in there. DW and I have conflicting opinions about our foyer/entry chandelier which is 10'-15' wide and 40' long. Our 10' wide entry door has 6' long chrome handles and stainless steel inserts, walls are flanked with chrome wall sconces. In my original design and rendering I envisaged a huge Morroco Pendant Chandelier which in my opinion looks grand however I have a 5 lantern 24ct gold plated chandelier from my previous home which is still in it's crate; with that I have two matching wall sconces as well. I want to try out the gold chandelier in my entry. DW wants everything 'modern'; I want modern mixed with accents. Does my gold plated chandelier have a place in this foyer?

Pictures below of original design and rendering with the morroco pendant chandelier, followed by a couple of actual entry with no chandelier, then the gold plated chandelier I own and want to try out in the entry.

All interior lighting is 3000K led hence has an element of amber even though my exterior wall sconces have white led lighting.

Comments (30)