The Good Doctor!

glenda_al

Am I the only one that loves the series!

Awesome end of season episode, to me , was outstanding. Can't want until September.

SaveComment33Like3
Comments (33)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mayflowers

We watched after we finished The Bates Motel. Freddie Highmore played Norman and did a wonderful job. Highly recommend the series. We weren't able to get into The Good Doctor. I think it may have been because he seemed like such a one-dimensional character after seeing his range in Bates Motel.

2 Likes Save    
susie53_gw

I love this show, too!!

1 Like Save    
Rusty

Glenda, I love that series, too. And I also agree about the end of season episode. So glad they got rid of Dr, Han, he was an awful person, he even LOOKS cruel! And I'm so glad Shawn has his job back! !

I wish the seasons were longer! No new episodes until September? Cruel and unusual punishment. . . . . . . .

Rusty

2 Likes Save    
Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)

Yes! Love that show. I am also absolutely loving New Amsterdam. Hate to say anything out loud since it seems the ones I like get cancelled.

4 Likes Save    
Louiseab Ibbotson

I agree with mayflowers, we loved him in. Bates and we’re lookimg forward to the Good Doctor. We also couldn’t get into it and gave up watching.

Save    
saltylime

I love this show. I read that Dr. Lin is actually an executive producer for the show, so it's interesting that he stepped in for a limited amount of time. He was on Hawaii 5-0 for several years.

Save    
phyllis__mn

I watched much of she first shows but sort of lost interest, although I have them all taped! May have to do some binge watching.

Save    
Debby

Is it like House? Patient comes in. Has something nobody knows about. Almost dies. Doctor wants to try something different. Everyone fights about it. Doctor sneaks in and does it his way. Patient lives. Doctor gets in trouble but also gets a pat on the back. The end?

2 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

:) Pretty much...except this "Dr." is a Surgeon and is Autistic.

Save    
lukkiirish

I really like this show too Glenda, I recorded this last episode but haven’t watched it. To be honest, when I saw the trailers for this last episode, I wasn’t so thrilled but after reading your post, I’m feeling more inclined to watch it.

Debby, this show focuses more on the characters and how they go about learning acceptance of those who are different or have challenges and how they over come those obsticles. It’s family friendly, non violent, non sexual and not depressing. I found it to be pretty refreshing.

2 Likes Save    
Suzieque

Love, love, love the show! It's my current favorite. I've watched every episode from the beginning and can't wait for the next one.

1 Like Save    
georgysmom2

My two favorites.....The Good Doctor and The Resident.

1 Like Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

I watch The Good Doctor, but I can't say I love it. I want to, though. But maybe what it's lacking for me -- connection -- is exactly the point.

Where is The Bates Motel? I didn't hear about that, would like to see it. I can totally imagine Highmore as Bates!

I really do like New Amsterdam. But this past week's show? People who have never lived in snow country shouldn't try to replicate a heavy snow fall.

Save    
ont_gal

I totally LOVE the Good Doctor as well,Glenda!

1 Like Save    
Suzieque

Please don’t post any more spoilers. We have a few episodes recorded and haven’t watched them yet as we are traveling. Thanks.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Like Bpath I watch, but not crazy about it.

Daniel Dae Kim was on Lost.

Save    
nicole___

Glenda ....I LOVE The Good Doctor. I've replayed the part where he asks Lea, "Do I look nice?" Then walks out with flowers and candy. I would like to see him happy and IN LOVE. "I got my job back"

1 Like Save    
Lindsey_CA

Daniel Dae Kim not only is an executive producer of The Good Doctor, he owns the rights to the show.

Save    
glenda_al

Who was Daniel Kim on Lost?

Save    
joann_fl

I love The Good Dr. Daniel Dae Hyun Kim (born August 4, 1968) is a Korean-American actor, voice actor, and producer. He is known for his roles as Jin-Soo Kwon in Lost

Save    
Amazing Aunt Audrey

Yes! Another show I am addicted to.

Plus The Rookie and NCIS New Orleans.

Save    
lily12

Is the Bates Motel on Netflix? I was surprised to see Freddy is very English.

Save    
colleenoz

"I was surprised to see Freddy is very English."

Considering he is in fact English, it shouldn't be a surprise.

Save    
ljk1

Bpath, I was just thinking the same thing about this weeks New Amsterdam and the blizzard. I thought the whole hospital staff was leaving unprepared to face that blizzard. I like the show but that was a bit much! And I do live in blizzard country.

Save    
glenda_al

Saw him being interviewed on some nite time talk show and he has a very clear English accent, and 25. Grew up in London.

Save    
joann_fl

I watched that, I had to see him acting normal. He does a great job.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Freddie Highmore, born and raised in London, is 27.

Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

Just saw Dr. Max from New Amsterdam play a white supremacist in BlackKklansman. Scary. I like him much better as Max.

Save    
glenda_al

Stand age corrected:

Freddie Highmore

English actor

Alfred Thomas "Freddie" Highmore is an English actor. He made his debut in the comedy film Women Talking Dirty . en.wikipedia.org

Save    
glenda_al

Haven't seen bates motel.

Save    
wanda_va

It's a wonderful show! He is the perfect actor for that role. The finale was very good, and I had to laugh when he left her house, taking the flowers and candy with him.

Save    
lukkiirish

I watched that last episode last night and am so glad I did! I thought from the trailers that something bad had happened as a cliff hanger but I should have known better. What a great way to end the season!

1 Like Save    
Toni S

The end made me tear up. I’m happy it ended this way and not the way the trailers made it appear!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Contemporary Homes My Houzz: Industrial Style in a Converted Doctor’s Office
An elegant art collection and an open layout mark this couple’s Uptown New Orleans apartment
Full Story
Decorating 101 Designer Tips: How to Be a Good Client for Your Interior Designer
Understand your designer’s fees, keep an open mind about new ideas, and do your part to stay on schedule
Full Story
Decorating Guides Room Doctor: 10 Things to Try When Your Room Needs a Little Something
Get a fresh perspective with these tips for improving your room’s design and decor
Full Story
Jose Morgado has over 30 years of well-rounded construction and masonry experience. He brings authentic artisan... Read More
Jose Morgado has over 30 years of well-rounded construction and masonry experience. He brings authentic artisan... Read More