SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24782280

Looking to have my carpet cleaned ...but....

User
5 years ago

I'm scared to hire anybody unless I can verify that they're honest and reliable. Long ago (before I had a computer to investigate ) I hired cleaners twice. Seems like there is alot of people that do it by themselves and have no standards or no guarantees. One time , a guy gave me a quote on the phone and when he got here and was finished - the price shot way up because he considered a little patch of carpeting a "hallway" . Second time , the price shot up because I thought shampoo was included - I just got steam. Last week I called a guy that advertised online . I asked him if he lifted the furniture just to get under it a bit - and he yelled " What the hell? Do you want me to move your whole house ? " and hung up on me. The next minute he called back and said really snotty " yeah- for 10 bucks I'll move the stuff" . I said "no thank you " ,hung up and quickly blocked his phone number. I don't want to rent a machine myself - did it once long ago and it was the biggest, leakiest mess I've ever had to deal with. What do you do when your carpeting needs shampooing ?

Comments (30)