SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Looking for Dishwasher...Of Course it Has to Clean, But...

monicakm_gw
14 years ago

it also has to be very very quiet. I've lived with loud dishwashers for 28 years and with the newly opened floor plan and lots of tile, I want/need quiet! :) The more energy friendly the better (unless it's at the expense of clean dishes). Miele is out of the question so we don't even need to go there ;) Just way too spendy for me.

Considering these two Bosch Integra DW:

800 SHX68M0xUC, 45dB, 234 kWh/hr

500 SHX55M0xUC, 48 dB, 259 kWh/hr

Before I started researching tonight, I thought I'd be looking at KA but the kWh and dB aren't as impressive.

heated dry cycle:I've had 2 dishwasher in 28 years and never used it so that's not important. I don't mind using a dishtowel to dab a few items.

Food grinder: does this make for a nosier dishwasher?

Sanitize: neither have a sanitize wash but have a "sanitized indicator"??

concealed controls: Is it more functional than the control panel on the door or just looks better?

Tall tubs: I've read they may have problems due to "mechanical configuration"??

Stainless steel interior: does it dry dishes quicker? If you drop something on the inside of the door, does it tend to get "dings"?

If you have the concealed controls, does it bother you that you can't keep track of the cycle or time left? It would me!

If you have either one of these models, are the doors heavy? My current door is very light weight and easy to "kick" closed.

I've read 21 pages of Bosch conversations. It seems that, unless it's being compared to a Miele, most love their Bosch dishwashers but that cs is the pits. I want to make an informed purchase but analysis paralysis has set in (again) :o If there are other considerations that I've over looked, I'm all ears :)

Thanks,

Monica

Comments (9)