SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

About to buy Electrolux...but am looking for some feedback

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've been reading through the laundry & appliance forums for a while now and other than Speed Queen, Electrolux seems to be the steady preference.

Their newest model, the 617 meets the criteria we need perfectly including a second floor guarantee...It's a new brand for me though, so I'm just wondering if those who've had them for a while can post about how they're doing, the pro's con's and so on.

We got a quote from a local store that is basically throwing in the pedistals for free, at 249.00 each, that's quite an incentive. (And much cheaper than Sears) While my DH is biting at the bit to go buy them, my gut is asking, "What am I missing? Doesn't this seem too good to be true?"

For weeks I've been going in circles over the other brands and I'm really not happy with what I'm seeing:

First most all of the positive reviews I found were solicited so I have a difficult time believing in all of them. And the negative reviews posted reflect fairly consistently that

LG's: Leak from underneath, leave water in the tub after a wash, have some pump filter that needs to be cleaned regularly as well as poor customer service

Samsung: Leaking door seals and a customer service dept that is horrible and almost non-existent.

Whirlpool: Don't have options we want like a hot water cycle that's NSF compliant. IOW, the hot water it uses is just the temp of tap water it's using.

So any feedback good or bad about what you have and how it's working for you would be helpful...I'd love to hear who's happy and who isn't.

Also, I've only bought from the big box stores before. This store is a small local company. They have an extended warranty program but I'm still wondering if the little guy is typically a good option?

Thanks!

Comments (22)