SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_elizabeth13

8 Gallons later... Where do I go from here? Incorrect color match...

Nicole Elizabeth
5 years ago

Help! Help! Help! Let me first say that I've learned so much from Houzz forums. But I officially need help!

After spending countless hours and many nights dreaming of paint samples, I finally decided to paint the interior (ceiling, trim and walls) of our raised (not so beach) bungalow Alabaster. It was down to the wire, Alabaster or Snowbound. But in some lighting, Snowbound lacked any luster...

My plan is to add coordinating color walls as we live in this home. At this point, this build has taken us almost 2 years bc we are doing everything ourselves, literally. We had plans to add beams and other fun stuff but having a baby along the way changes plans. So I am trying to paint keeping in mind that beams will happen eventually

So the dilemma... my lovely father-in-law so kindly decided that we should save $10/gallon to purchase PPG paints. He broke a corner off my sample sheetrock and came back with 10 gallons. Now, did I mention I have a baby. That means I wasn't there when they applied the first coat. I don't have anything against PPG. The 8 gallons of paint on my wall is not Alabaster.

The color is more like SW Creamy. But it's flat and on the ceiling. Will it look totally different on the wall? I was going for a warmer minimalist beach vibe. My walls, trim and ceilings all painted the same color in different sheens. Pale Blue interior doors, Pure White Kitchen Cabinets(because we can only afford a Chinese factory painted cab-no custom) and Fantasy Brown countertops. Cherry bellawood floors throughout.

Maybe I just need some convincing?

This s

be too bad, but we might have to go down a grade in the countertops and have yet to explore those options.

What white to choose from here. What to do... what to do...

Here are my pics, the ceilings are painted the Alabaster Wanna BE, walls are primed, the sheet rock board shows SW Alabaster on the left, Snowbound on the right, modern gray in the middle, crushed ice and i think the blue is passive.

Modern Gray was my other option for the main living area and hall... But will it look ok with this ceiling paint?

Here is an inspiration photo found on here. I don't know how to link it but the photo belongs to
Rufty Custom Built Homes and Remodeling.

Comments (33)