SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cross_hatch

Long. narrow, entrance heavy living room furniture arrangement advice?

cross_hatch
5 years ago

Not too long ago I moved into a beautiful house with a confounding puzzle of a "living room". Trying to arrange furniture in it to allow good movement, facilitate comfortable conversation spots, and still allow us a small amount of space to act as a entry/mudroom has been... challenging.

It very well might be that what I want is not possible... but I stand in the room and I feel like there's a configuration here that would do it that I'm just not seeing. It just feels like two awkward spots with a gulf of a space between the focal point of a fireplace.

Do any of you pros see a better way to arrange things in here? Thank you for your time in advance!

Previous owners had one loveseat, perpendicular to the door (room to walk on either side). Felt like that would just waste the space all around it.

Benches work double duty as prep area and shoe storage.

We typically put our christmas tree to the right hand side of the fireplace (since it looks awesome there), which means that navy blue chair floats around.

I know, I know... it's greige on white on wood on greige on tan. Accents are forthcoming.

Previous owners had a sofa here (vs my two chairs)

Comments (3)