SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Scared for my daughter, her friends and all other young women/girls

Kathsgrdn
5 years ago

Every day you hear about some young girl or woman going missing. Some men too, but I think more often it's women and girls. There is one missing young woman locally that they haven't been able to find. She left a bar one night with 3 men and was never seen again. They found the men but they claim not to know where she is. My daughter lives in a gated apartment complex in a not-so-great neighborhood. The gate has been broken multiple times since she has lived there and people break the arms off that come down while the gate is closing, running behind the person in front of them who opened the gate. Only one vehicle is supposed to go through at a time but every time I go there the gate is not working or one or more arms are broken off.

A week or so ago my daughter was brought home from work by a friend, who lives in another complex not far from hers'. She dropped her off and when she was going out the gate someone followed her to her apartment, blocked her in and sat there for a few minutes. She called her boyfriend and went to his work, after the car left. She left her car at his work and he drove her home. A few nights later, another friend dropped my daughter off and some guys in a car followed them inside the gate and pulled in behind them, driving slowly and holding out their cell phone out the open window, like they were taking pictures or videos. It was late at night and pretty cold out...really bizarre. My daughter didn't have a car until yesterday (she was using her brother's while he was in basic training/tech school), so all this week I have been either taking her to work or one of her friends' have.

A couple nights I took her in and drove back to the city to pick her up. I'm just so paranoid right now, she was going to take an Uber but she gets off really late some nights. A couple times she has called me or a friend after work, when she went to take her dogs out, just to be on the phone with someone because some person was sitting in their car in the parking lot and she didn't feel safe. Three or four times this week I waited while she went in her apartment and came out to walk her dogs and go back inside. I've always told her never to leave a friend in a bar when going out with them and never let them leave you! She's pretty good about that and they always take Uber or Lyft when they go drinking and they leave in the one car.

She works in a restaurant/bar and a lot of her older customers try and pick her up. There are regulars that ask her out over and over. It's so frequent for the young girls there that when my daughter's father came in and asked about her one time, the young woman who was asked about her told my daughter that "some creepy old dude is asking for you". It really makes me mad that she and her friends can't even go to work and home without worrying about being kidnapped and murdered or raped or both. Oh, and to make things even more fun, one day last week we went car shopping and while I was waiting for her to come out, some guy walked out of her apartment building with an assault rifle. Kinda freaked me out. I tried not to make eye contact, and he drove off. I know a lot of people have them but it bothers me still.

Now that she has a vehicle, I can't be there when she walks her dogs. I did give her some mace a couple weeks ago, after she told me she lost her's. Sorry, this is kinda rambling on but this has been bothering me for a while now.

Comments (75)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert