SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender12145

Urgent question about water heater.

lavender12145
5 years ago

we moved into this house 9 months ago and it has a commercial 80 gallon (200,000 BTU) water heater, along with a 120 gallon storage tank ( and a water circulation system which brings instantaneous hot water in faucets)

well we have enjoyed this luxury for 9 months when there was no issue of running out of hot water . Previously we had one water heater 50 gallon and two ppl took a shower and third had to wsit for at least half hour.

now our commercial water heater that’s 10 years old is leaking and replacement cost is total of about $7500.

The other option we are considsring is having one 75 gallon residential instead. That plus the storage tank together will give us 195 gallon capacity. However residential has 50,000 BTU compared to commercial 200,000.

This will cost us about $2200.

the third option is to remove storage tank and get two residential 75 gallon heaters. This will give lesser capacity but two heaters will be there in case one goes bad . this Will cost us about $4500. I think This option is not worth it.

i m debating between $7500 and $2200. If I go with second option, I don’t know if I will run out of hot water? We have huge blasting showers in master bedroom. We are a family of 3 adults and 4 children.

Antone has had any idea!?

Comments (22)