Travel Journals?
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Have Cactus Shades, Will Travel!!
Comments (139)I'm in!!! Only just saw this. I love games! Lol. So how do you mannage snail mail addresses, email however you communicate about next address etc. Is this all on Photo bucket? If yes, I'm out. But honestly no hard feelings. Quick fun visit ;-D. Meanwhile I might see if I can find a pair here lol...See MoreAverage age of garden gawkers
Comments (61)I am soon to be 63 and find that I am stimulated creatively by visiting other gardens. Wilmington, NC has a very large spring garden tour (over 52 years old now) and when I moved to Wilmington after retiring from gov't service in DC, I started my first garden. The tours here and elsewhere all have served to inspire things I did in my own garden. I was so desparate to get back into those spring gardens here but in the fall (actually late summer here in Wilmington, NC) that I started the Art in the Gardens Fall tour (just so I could get back into other gardens), oh, and also to benefit our local Arboretum. Anyway, we are in our third year now and over 4,000 people come to our spring tour each year and we are working on getting over 3,000 to the fall tour. My garden was on the spring tour this year and will be on the fall tour. I never saw a garden I couldn't learn something from. Pauline Here is a link that might be useful: My garden and other pictures...See MoreUPDATE: Sisterhood of the Traveling Bubble Mailers! Round #1
Comments (149)Whoooeeeeeee this Robin is in the home stretch. It seems SO long ago that it was here in Fairbanks Alaska. I love the idea that someone is typing up the journal so we can each read what all the others wrote. I'd also love to be at Shannon's house when that Little Bird comes home. What a party that would be. I'm looking foreward to reading about what the Robin brings home from his trip. Amy bless your heart for all the patient waiting you have done. I know you must be excited to finally have the robin visit you. How nice, and appropriate that Shirley sent you some real special goodies. You deserve an extra star for waiting so long....See MoreThe Travelling Library, or How to Manage a Vacation
Comments (15)Like many of you, I take old paperbacks and leave them behind. We are leaving for Cape May in a week or so and I will have my bag of paperbacks at the ready. Usually, I find one or two mysteries I HAVE to read at a rental cottage. I feel no qualms taking one or two home with me if I have the same amount to take their places. If traveling by plane, boat, or train, my system is thus: Pack three in the carry-on, pack ten in the suitcase. What's a few more pounds in the suitcase now that everything has wheels on it, right? And whilst on vacation, I usually look like quite the bum. I take old clothes and toss them out, diddo the old socks. Wear and toss. By doing this, I always have room for the books I buy while I am on vacation. And when I really find a lot of books I want, I just stop at the post office and ship them home. I've done this a couple of times from both England and Australia. But this only works if you are not on a guided tour. Netla, I feel for you about your Iceland trip. What a wonderful adventure! My own two cents is a book per day to start and then try to figure out the average number of hours you'll be sightseeing per day and then adjust your number of books. If you are anything like me, you'll come up with a reasonable number, then toss in three or four more at the last minute "just in case". HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! PAM...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Travel Accessories Roundup
Take your home's great style on the road with accessories that look good and travel well
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Nature Meets Nurture in a Canadian Island Retreat
Wood and nature-inspired artwork create a soothing oceanside condo for a traveling British Columbia family
Full Story
EVENTSSee the Vermont House Where Rudyard Kipling Wrote ‘The Jungle Book’
The author penned many works here, including his children’s classic, which Disney has remade into a movie
Full Story
RUSTIC STYLE10 Cabin Rental Basics for City Slickers
Stay warm, dry and safe while you’re enjoying winter cabin life with this valuable advice
Full Story
INSPIRING GARDENSSpring Garden Ideas From Colonial Williamsburg
Discover old-time resourcefulness — how gardeners worked the land, used local materials and more — to apply to your landscape today
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREIconic Architecture: 10 Must-Know Modern Homes
These masterpieces of modern architecture are still influencing home design today — see if any elements appear in your own home
Full Story
ENTERTAININGGenius Home Prep: A Guest Room in a Box
No dedicated guest room? Make hosting overnighters easier by keeping the essentials in one place
Full Story
ARCHITECTURETell a Story With Design for a More Meaningful Home
Go beyond a home's bones to find the narrative at its heart, for a more rewarding experience
Full Story
Designing with Souvenirs
Bring Your Summer Vacation Home With a Chic Addition to Your Interior
Full Story
kathy_t