SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_romp

Moroccan Style Kitchen in Spanish Villa - countertops and backsplash?

Erin
5 years ago
I’m working on renovating a kitchen in a Spanish villa. We’re doing terra cotta floor tiles throughout the villa with a Spanish revival and Moroccan theme (white walls, wood beams and lots of zellige tiles).

In the kitchen, we plan to have terra cotta floors, dark lower cabinets and on uppers, a mix of white cabinets and open wood shelves. We are stumped on what countertops and backsplash will look best. The easy answer is some sort of simple white stone or quartz countertop with a white tile backsplash to balance out the dark and mixed materials (because we will have the terra cotta, dark lowers and wood shelves). BUT we want to do something a bit more fun and exciting and feel the bright white kitchen style is pretty common these days.

We don’t mind a darker, moody kitchen but also don’t want to have too many colors or materials and a too busy look. I love dark teal zellige tiles but I’m worried about how it will all come together. Any ideas? Price is less important than style. A few inspo pics attached.

Comments (23)