SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emaldrich

***How would you layout this Master Bathroom??***

emaldrich
5 years ago

We're doing an addition and decided to do our third floor as well so we can have a nice master bathroom and closet area. I'm just trying to decide how to lay it all out.

One long vanity space the way this is drawn out seems like it may not look great. (That's an 11' 8" vanity.)

Do we divide up the vanities with the freestanding tub in the middle? My husband may love that idea, so my stuff can't creep over on to his side.

The rectangle across from the vanities current location and left of the toilet will either be a place for me to sit and do my makeup/hair, or a place to store towels etc.

From a design perspective what would you do?

I'm also unsure about the layout in our closet. We plan on putting a stack-able washer and dryer in there because we have a larger family and it would be nice to have.

(We have flexibility when it comes to window placement, but we have a covered deck off the back of the house that will mean the windows can't go too low (shouldn't be a problem.)) Any interior walls can be shifted except for where the toilet is currently which I outlined in red, we would really rather leave it there since that's where it is. The rest (outlined in yellow) will be gutted or be part of the addition. The wall between the bathroom/shower and closet could be moved if we wanted as well.

Any advice would be appreciative. We have saved our whole marriage for this and I really want to get it right.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!