SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

No shoes in the house policy

eld6161
5 years ago

I know this has been discussed, but a long while ago. I am curious about what my current friends here think about having to take off your shoes in someone else's home.

I love going barefoot at home. But.....I do not insist that others take their shoes off when they come into my home. Whether having one friend over for lunch, or a group for a BBQ, everyone is welcome to keep their shoes on.

The scenario: I just joined a new book club. All new to me friends, a plus. For the past few meetings, we have met at a Barnes and Nobel. It's a convenient location as we all come from various neighborhoods. Our next meeting is in March. One of the members has offered her home, but we have to bring slippers! What is interesting is that out of all of us, "C" always dresses the most casual, almost as if she just came from doing yard work. Sweatshirt, jeans tucked into all weather boots. Carefree appearance.

I only have one friend, who is actually more of a work friend that has us remove our shoes. We socialize maybe once a year at her home. Everyone else I know, no.

I will always take off boots if I am coming in from inclement weather, so I get that.

If I am going to a party and am dressed up, I really am put off having to wear slippers, as is the case with my above mentioned friend.

What do you do? What about your friends? Curious about the majority here.

Comments (114)