SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Tiny powder room into little southwest gem?

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My tiny powder room is painted in Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige, as is the rest of the house. I have no desire to change paint color anywhere else, but this is the one room where I think about it from time to time. Our style is a mix of southwestern and English in a transitional home. Weird, yeah, but that's who we are and what we like. The powder room displays a few of my art pieces on the walls, with Navajo shepherding figuring strongly into the mix. I love the mix of terra cottas and purples (some of the artwork contains that combo), and have thought about putting a dusky purple on these walls. The ceiling is high and this space is tall and narrow. Ceiling is also currently painted Accessible Beige. Would painting this space close it in too much? Or would it give it depth and drama? Seriously, heck if I know what to do here, but I keep thinking there must be a way to turn this into a little southwest-leaning gem.

I will not consider changing any of the existing elements other than walls, so given that restriction, any thoughts on what to do here, if anything? Of course, leaving well enough alone is also an option.

(Trying to post photos but Houzz is not cooperating as usual...)

Comments (40)