SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Second Trunk Club

Funkyart
5 years ago

My second trunk from Nordstom's Trunk Club is to arrive today. I have to say that while this experience was a little better, I still nixed about half of my stylist's initial selections. Some were very matronly, some were similar to items I already have and some are just things I know I wouldn't buy... like a plain gray tissue weight scarf. I know people like them, but I only wear patterned scarves and I wouldn't pay $100 for a plain gray scarf.

I told her i was ready to think spring and that I was looking for some work items to transition into spring. I specifically asked for shells, cardigans, jackets and maybe a pant or two in navy since I have so much black. I also said I am still into winter comfort so 1 or 2 leisure styles would be great. Finally, I noted that I don't have any blue shoes and would love a pair of blue mules, slides or loafers.

I think she did pay attention to my pinterest page-- in fact, a few items were selected directly from my page! When she chose a replacement for the gray scarf, she chose a pattern that was similar to one I'd pinned from another store. That said, as a stylist, I really question the outfits she put together-- she paired a lot of navy and black which is something I would never do! she also paired tailored work pieces with low end casual pieces. I don't really think she did a good job of choosing pieces that would actually work together. Still, overall, I do expect to keep a number of items if they fit.

Here's a peek.. of this group which is half the trunk, I'd keep the first two pieces-- and maybe the blue shoes (but I much prefer the coral color available in the same style).

Here's a peek at what is coming-- 6 of the 12 items sent:

and here's her inspiration photos for the scarf from my pinterest page (I prefer the ones I selected)

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida