SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

Recipe reviews - early morning internet wandering

agmss15
5 years ago

I have been doing that thing that makes the internet allow us to waste time. I am trying to limit my wanderings to early mornings. Anyway this mornings wandering..... leading in a minute to breakfast.

A short video about cows > a short video about artisanal cultured butter ending with butter melting over crumpets > oooh toasted crumpets with melted butter > crumpet recipes > King Arthur crumpet recipe > recipe reviews > cranky reviewers

So a pet peeve of mine generally - the grumpy novice poorly reviewing and angrily pretty much anything. Amazon has tons.

When there are clearly happy reviews and I am trying a new recipe unsuccessfully I tend to try to figure out what I did wrong - not the recipe. Mind you sometimes it is the recipe. I realize recipes have to assume a certain level of knowledge on the part of the cook and if you are new and don’t know the assumed knowledge it can cause problems. But the King Arthur site has all of that info on there. Just look for it.

Ok my imaginary buttery crumpets (actual butterless oatmeal) awaits. Have a nice day all. We have more weather impending - 4 or maybe 14 inches...

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths