SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniel_knoll

How hang a large canvas painting that's not stretched with bars?

Daniel Knoll
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Howdy: I have a very, VERY large painting, 5 feet x 7 feet, that i bought as JUST the canvas itself.

I'm not made of money, it's INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE to get it stretched or mounted to a board, and i'm wondering HOW to DIY it, and hang this on the wall. It's modern, a Basquiat syle, a near-knockoff. thick canvas, and maybe 10-15 pds.

**Ideas?** .....Maybe mount it to a big plywood panel? ..... Maybe attatch the top to a long bar, and let the canvas hang from it, and hang that bar from ceiling hooks ? ...... Maybe hang it like a curtain with clips running along the top, spaced evenly, maybe a dozen of them? ....... Maybe just nail it or screw it at a series of scews around the sides of it? .....Tape it? ....... Maybe make a frame to mount it on with lightweight pipes, plastic, real would be too heavy ? ... ....... Spray a bucket of glue on the wall, slap it up there, and hope the dang thing sticks? .... I OWN, so the need to care about respecting the walls isn't that important. I'm completely lost. And to light it, maybe cheap spotlights? Thanks.

Comments (29)