SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cm2529

Help with Coffee table and "bringing together" my family room please!

cm2529
5 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm really struggling w what kind of coffee table to put in my family and I was hoping to get your advice. I have attached pictures.

Here are the issues:

• I have 3 kids and lots of kids coming over all the time and playing video games, eating popcorn, drinking etc. so the table has to be practical. Because of this i'm leaning against glass which may be the best design decision but i'm concerned about tons of fingerprints on it always or heaven forbid someone throwing a ball and smashing it.
  • there's lots of wood. dark wood floors, even darker wood cabinets under the TV, and a honey colored wood dining table. i had bought one of those cool grayish wood tables but it didn't look good bc too many wood colors.
  • i'm concerned about gray rug. everyone loves it, my kids, husband etc. but it's throwing me off.

So, I've seen some marble/travertine top ones that are maybe? but i want to be something that keeps w my style which i THINK is a homey/modern sort of? i'm not sure. i just want something that works for that space but i've been to Homegoods, Rooms to Go, West Elm, Macy's, etc., City Furniture and i'm 100% stuck.

What about a Marble top? but that may clash w kitchen granite?

someone recommended some big "poofs"? but not sure that will work.

also should the side tables match w the coffee table or be funky and kinda different?

Please help me bring this room together. I feel like that's what I need. I need ideas to just finish it up and bring it all together to it looks "done". Any other additional tips would be greatly appreciated!!

CM

Comments (19)