SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westbynorthwest

Very sad and sulking citrus :( - spider mites?

5 years ago

Help! Suddenly my citrus trees (living under lights in the laundry room) started looking wilty and dropping leaves. To my eye it happened almost overnight? One day they were happy and working on new growth, and not long after the mature leaves are wilting, turning brown, falling off if I dare look at them.

I sprayed the leaves with water and could see some of the little webs. Sprayed vigorously a couple days in a row while hoping the outdoor temps would warm a bit so I could spray them in the open garage. Third day when it looked like every one was going to die, I covered the floor and sprayed them in the laundry room with Bonide Horticultural Oil (says it kills spider mites and other pests).

Here's my question - I covered their soil (511) with newspaper as I thought I should protect the soil from getting drenched in oil. Is that wrong?

Two days later, every morning the floor is covered in leaves. I'm afraid they'll be stick trees soon.

I understand there might not be enough humidity there, but now my Kaffir Lime in the kitchen (upstairs), which has been flourishing, just started dropping leaves too.

Next steps? Advice? It is so upsetting to see my poor trees that have been doted on for years behaving so unhappily..

Comments (4)