SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_800943576

1st Home Furniture Arrangement! Small, high-traffic sunken living room

Natalie B
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I just purchased our first home and I am so excited to decorate it! However, the living room is proving tricky since it is on the small side, with three different exit/entry ways, and kind of an odd shape.

We plan to get new furniture and if we have a TV, it will likely go above the fireplace once we figure out how to lower the mantle.

Here's the deal- I REALLY want a small sectional... one with a chaise. I've wanted one forever! I originally thought the nook to the left of the front hallway would be the perfect place, but that would mean it would need to be pushed against the wall and then perhaps a vast open space between that and the other long wall. Now I'm thinking that might be an awkward set up with two conversation areas in such a small room.

The alternative would be to push everything to the center of the room, but that would push people/traffic to walk against the walls and around the furniture which I also think would be odd. I don't see how my chaise sectional would fit in the middle of the room either.

I'm attaching some photos for ideas, along with my measurements. Ignore the mess- we just moved in! Also attaching the sectional style I'm lusting after. Any and all furniture arrangement suggestions welcome!

Comments (11)