SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjwb

Living room furniture arrangement

nancyjwb
8 years ago

Hi all! I have come here from the kitchen forum, where I normally hang around. I really need help with my living room. I've attached photos of it in it's current state of chaos. It's in the process of being deep cleaned for fall, and I decided I couldn't live with it any longer. I would love to have recommendations for how to arrange the furniture so it's not pushed back against the walls, but still allows for traffic flow and symmetry. We moved here a year ago, and I've just never gotten around to thinking this out. Now I'm obsessed and I must solve it, LOL!

The large recliner and the black rocking chair were along the window wall parallel to the couch, but the recliner is too bulky and the rocker couldn't stand up to it. I may remove the large recliner entirely. The blue and the orange chairs are ones I brought in from other rooms to try out. I need a coffee table or large ottoman in front of the couch since there are no end tables.

I know the end table and lamp arrangement is awful. (as is the overhead light fixture!) I'm not sure what to do with the tall black cabinet. It doesn't really have a use, it is a carryover from a former home, where I needed it for china storage.

The front door is visible through the small archway in the corner. The "foyer" is tiny and very uninviting. There is also a bedroom door that opens off this foyer, but it is almost always closed since there is another, more accessible door to that bedroom.

The room is approximately 14.5 x 13.5. It needs to stay somewhat open for traffic from the front door.

Sorry for the book, I wasn't sure how much info you needed or what the forum etiquette is!

Also, I have a 6x9ish (not quite big enough, new one not in the budget) rug that is rolled up right now.

No TV in this room.

So any advice you have for me, on anything, would be appreciated. Even if it's just to recommend I replace everything I have, or forget it and get busy mopping!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022