SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Do Your Check Your Seed Packets When They Arrive?

When a seed order arrives, do y'all open up your seed packets and check them? Here is why you should:

I was opening up my Park Seed seed packets to verify the seeds were in there. If you've ever received a completely empty seed packet and not known it was empty until the day you went to plant the seeds, you'll understand why I do this.

The first few seed packets were fine, but when I opened the Tomato Chef's Choice Red, there was one lonely seed in a packet that should have had 30 seeds. One! Obviously, this is not the end of the world as it isn't even seed-starting Super Bowl Sunday yet, but still.....

So, I called their 1-800 number, spoke to a very nice customer service representative and she is sending me another packet of this specific variety. It should arrive before my planned seed-starting date. Hopefully when that packet arrives it will have the full 30 seeds in it, or at least 29 seeds to go with the 1 seed that I do have.

Anyhow, I got to wondering if anyone else is like me and checks those seed packets first, or if you just wait and find out about any seedy surprises when it is time to plant? Oh, and in case you're wondering, I do not count the seeds to make sure they all are there. I do eyeball them to make sure there's more or less as many as expected.

Hope y'all are having a good day. It is raining here and our temperature has fallen quite a bit, so our warmest temperatures of the week are gone, gone, gone now. It was great while it lasted.

Dawn

Comments (8)