SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_813010106

Baltic Brown Countertops: Painting the Kitchen Island

CHERYL JOHNSON
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I cannot replace the Baltic Brown granite, cost-prohibitive, nor do I want to paint the kitchen cabinets white or any other color. On the web I see a lot of kitchens redone with white cabinetry for existing baltic brown granite. I rarely if ever see any other color with baltic brown. BUT I can paint the kitchen island and attempt to modernize and create a focus that might be a design update. The kitchen island painting would be behind the kitchen counter chairs and on the side panel only. My question: what color goes best with Baltic Brown granite? I am attaching photos of my kitchen. This is great room so whatever you see happening in the kitchen is seen from the living and dining area. Am my living room area, I have a gray sectional, navy blues, a little green, corals. My front door is a dark navy from BM (Van Deussen I think). The dining room rug has navy in it and the drapes in the bonus room are also navy. The walls are all BM Revere Pewter which does not often have a green tint to it. Griege, yes. A warm gray we love. I am playing with doing the island in a dark navy like Hale Navy BM or dark gray like Ironwood BM or Chelsea Gray BM. Thank you for any suggestions on this design question.

Comments (55)