SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_813010106

Baltic Brown Countertops: Painting the Kitchen Island

CHERYL JOHNSON
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I cannot replace the Baltic Brown granite, cost-prohibitive, nor do I want to paint the kitchen cabinets white or any other color. On the web I see a lot of kitchens redone with white cabinetry for existing baltic brown granite. I rarely if ever see any other color with baltic brown. BUT I can paint the kitchen island and attempt to modernize and create a focus that might be a design update. The kitchen island painting would be behind the kitchen counter chairs and on the side panel only. My question: what color goes best with Baltic Brown granite? I am attaching photos of my kitchen. This is great room so whatever you see happening in the kitchen is seen from the living and dining area. Am my living room area, I have a gray sectional, navy blues, a little green, corals. My front door is a dark navy from BM (Van Deussen I think). The dining room rug has navy in it and the drapes in the bonus room are also navy. The walls are all BM Revere Pewter which does not often have a green tint to it. Griege, yes. A warm gray we love. I am playing with doing the island in a dark navy like Hale Navy BM or dark gray like Ironwood BM or Chelsea Gray BM. Thank you for any suggestions on this design question.

Comments (55)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH