SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andie325

Master Bedroom Refresh- Please help with bedding advice!

Andie
5 years ago

Hey there!

We are in the process of updating our Master bedroom by repainting our furniture from dark cherry to Linen White Chalk Paint with Charcoal Grey Tops. Previously, we had a dark cherry sleigh bed, but we just changed over to a grey upholstered headboard. (First chest that was painted can be seen over to the left). Previously, we had a light grey matelasse on the bed with a white down comforter but after getting a new grey headboard, it was just too much grey, so I temporarily put this quilt down in the interim. I plan on removing that mirror from above the bed and probably replacing the drapes as well... however, I'm having a hard time deciding on bedding.

I made these vision boards to look at different bedding ideas, but I'm having a hard time putting it all together... Part of me is saying "all white with blue pillows" but then another part is saying, go with aqua, etc. I'd like to pull colors out of oyster shells, like in the painting in the vision board below. The wall color is Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, and I'd like to add some gold frames and such in the room for added warmth and color- maybe in the lamp bases, etc. but I am not sure yet, it all kind of all is based on the bedding.

I also really love the look of the chenille bedding, but I'm not sure of its 'place" with relation to this room. Any advice? Suggestions? Color combos? White Sheets, white comforter, grey quilt with blue coverlet? Blue & white quilt with white sheets and comforter? blue bedspread with white & grey? I just don't know!!!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Comments (15)