SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsimber

Your help, please, with last few choices to finish living/dining area?

dsimber
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am close to the end of furnishing my open plan, but I need your help, please! I have yet to choose a coffee table and the drapery panels and hardware. My goal is to lighten and brighten this open concept area, but...I am currently renting this new space, and I cannot change wall color, blinds, etc.

Coffee table: The size is what makes it a challenge. This floor and my furniture are non-flexible. a 42”w x 18”d x 18”h coffee table which I need help finding. This will allow me the flexibility to arrange the coffee table and ottomans (each of which is 21”w x 18”d x 18”h) into one large rectangle (42”w x 36”d x 18”h) or to move the ottomans for guests to use as foot rests when seated in the black leather chairs. It will be a tight fit! And yes, I’ve had a designer come in and check it out. I think the coffee table needs to have a glass top so it does not take up too much visual space. I also think it needs to have an oil-rubbed bronze or black base to blend with the ottomans.

I have two items on order:

1) a BDI corner media cabinet:

2) an EA polished nickel, glass-topped side table which will be placed between the two black leather chairs to lighten and brighten that area.

Drapery panels: in off-white linen, and lined so they hang perfectly straight--“neatly stacked.” I do not want to pay for custom draperies in a temporary, rented space. I’m thinking of Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware. Is anyone able to tell me if there is a difference in quality and the way they ‘stack?" The ceilings are 10’ so I can order them in 108” length. I'll place the rods well above the windows and to the side of the window frame so most of the windows are exposed. (I would have chosen white or off-white blinds. I’m hopeful that the drapes will help with what hits me as a color clash.)

Below are styles found on the “Yes. Please blog. What would look best with my contemporary, yet eclectic style? It truly has been chosen over many years, and taken several turns. I’m liking it, but I think these last decisions are critical. I do so need input from several people to help me find what will feel “just right!"

1) eyelet or grommet/without tie-backs :

2) a leather tab such as this:

Next you will see the insert of my floor plan, although it is reversed. Using color, I superimposed approximations of my furniture as far as size, scale, and location. The sofa is parallel to the island; across from the sofa is an exterior wall with a set of three windows. The chairs form an L-shape with the sofa. Behind them is another exterior wall with three windows of the same size as the previously mentioned wall. [This apartment is a corner unit.] And btw--there is not room for a sofa table.

The pink diagonal line on the floor plan represents the only place for the tv. Trust me on this. I’ve had more than one designer come in, and this is the only possible configuration with my furnishings.

The new ottomans are temporarily being used as a coffee table.

If you have an idea or suggestion related to my questions, please share with me! (Just know, please, that tweaks are happening daily; art and vignettes on all tables and sideboards need work, as do throws, toss pillows, and other details.)

Comments (7)