SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_lazarus

Please help! Need your opinion with tile choice!

Hello Everyone!

I read these forums all the time and I am really impressed with how talented many of you are when it comes to decorating advice. I am a construction designer in Florida and I am stuck between two options for tiling the floor of a powder bath I am doing in a high end spec home. This project is really over my head and I have spent so much time on it. I am just in a rut now and really could use some advice. I've never posted pix before, so I spent the last hour trying to figure out how to do it so I could show you all the two options I like, but just can't decide on. I will post my original "inspiration pic", as well as computer mock ups of two different tiles and layouts. I even have pictures of the materials that are being used in the space that I can post.

I really want this to be nice and value your opinions. Please help me so I can get some sleep tonight!!

I'll first post the inspiration picture, and then some of the materials I am using, and then the two options. I don't know how many pix I am allowed to post but I hope I can get them all in here. The bathroom I am doing is about the same size and layout as this one. I have bricked the arch just like this pic, but also the back wall behind the sink. I'll show you pix of the brick I used and the sink. Let me add that the house is a French style and the flooring outside of this bathroom is a French honed pillowed edge limestone. It's very matte and soft. The other flooring is a reclaimed wide plank wood with a very rustic feel. The vanity will be similar to one I will show you, but not exactly. It is a rustic, and somewhat distressed wood in a dark walnut color and will have some carving like acanthus leaves or something. The top will also be wood and not a stone or granite. I will put a curtain in the opened area underneath just like in the inspiration pic. I am thinking of a specialty wall finish like Venetian Plaster or a hand trowled plaster. The sconces will be bronze with some crystals and the faucet is a weathered brass Herbeau fixture.

THank you in advance!

Delaney

OPTION 1 is a blue grey limestone 20" tile on diag. with Oceanside facets mosaic glass in Moroccan Desert cut into 1" strips and layed in the grout joints. The intersection of the tiles will have a 3" x 3" deco tile by Antiquity in a color called Suede. Here is the material and here is the layout:

OPTION 2: Is a black antiqued and honed granite 20" tile with a rug pattern water jet mosic (like the one in the insp. pic) that is also in an antiqued finish. I can border with with anything, but I was thinking a metal tile that worked with the faucet may look nice. In the pic I just used a ceramic border.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths