SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_912

Neighbor Fence Question

Alison
5 years ago

Based on layout, ie: perfectly encircles their property only, the two fences I'm asking about definitely belong to one neighbor. We have just purchased our house and haven't moved in yet.

Here's the scenario:

Once upon a time, they had a low chain link fence. And then, one day, for whatever reason, they decided to add a regular height wood privacy fence. May have been the previous owners at our house installing the most dreadful, rickety cinder block wall. I wouldn't have wanted to look at that thing either.

Not concerned about heights or locations, but what they did was to place their wood privacy fence INSIDE their chainlink fence. So now we get to see their chainlink fence and the back of the not-in-very great shape privacy fence. It ain't pretty.

Is there any precedent for asking them to remove the chainlink? And yeah, I know I could go and ask them myself, and I will, even though, based on what the police told us, these are the neighbors who called the cops out to do a papers check on our (not illegal) Latino Building Crew... Nice.

And yes - I know landscaping could save me too. Just wondered about the 2 fence scenario.

TIA

Comments (24)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals